GigaByte 785GMT USB3
Corsair Value Pack 1333 MHz 4 GB DDR3
BenQ G2420 24" Full HD
Sapphire HD 5770
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2Zs
GigaByte Superb 460W
few queries
1. i need to know whether configuration will work satisfactorily or not
2. Will this PSU will be enough to provide sufficient power for the system or i need to go for higher one?

PSU budget 2.5K :(
Thanks in advance

Get the Corsair CX400. Price is only Rs.2700 in Mumbai. Has 3 yrs warranty and 80+ certified :D

The Gigabyte Superb is priced at Rs.2200 and has 2 yrs warranty IIRC. But its not 80+ certified and it can also handle ur system with ease.

If u have not bought ur PSU just add Rs.200 and get the CX400. If u have the Superb already then dont worry. It will do fine :)

the very minimum you need is a quality 450w psu...but really, you should be looking at something which can pump out atleast 500w.
You are going to have to increase your budget by atleast 1200 bucks to get something which'll run your system safely.

iamddevil said:
the very minimum you need is a quality 450w psu...but really, you should be looking at something which can pump out atleast 500w.
You are going to have to increase your budget by atleast 1200 bucks to get something which'll run your system safely.

Can u pls care to explain :|

The HD5770 is one of the most enerrgy efficient cards and the C3 stepping of the 945 has a 95w TDP.

What makes u think that his system is not safe using a CX400?

Ati recommends you use a psu of atleast 450w for a 5770.
Plus he's got a quadcore...the c3 stepping may use 95w..but you don't know what stepping he's got.
Also, he's got an external soundcard, which'll consume some extra power.
Any additional devices would just ramp up the amount of power his system consumes.
His m/b would consume about 50w, and any additional usb devices would increase that amount. Also, he's got USB3, and I presume usb3 devices, and chipsets consume more power than USB2 ones.
Consider that power supplies get worse with age, and the amount of power they can safely output will decrease as time progresses...not something he'll notice right off, but towards the end of his warranty period he may.
India's a hot country, and his psu, if operating at the upper end of it's limit would generate more heat, than one operating at a lower load. Additional heat= lower component lifespan.

The OP can risk a power supply that'll just barely be able to handle his 30k plus rig right now, and leave him no room for future upgrades. Or he can spend a little extra and get something that's spec'd to handle his current rig, and maybe leave room for a GPU upgrade in the future.

I'm sure there are a lot of people around who'd rather risk their rig+data+time to save 2-5% of their initial investment, but I'm not one of them.

As u say it may a bit tight for upgrades. But even though the CX400 is rated at just 400w it can pull upto 480w. The reason that the CX400 is not rated higher is it has only ~78% efficiency at 420+w.

IMHO he is not risking his rig esp. with a high class rig like the Corsair CX400, but may have not have much room for upgrades(may a HDD ). Also IIRC unlike most other units which are rated at 25 C but Corsair units is rated at 50 C. New stocks mostly have C3 stepping. So it may be a safe assumption. But lets wait for the OP to confrm, also few others comment on this.

CX 400 review. All tests are conducted at room temp of 45 C.(which is even slightly higher than Indan room temp (~40-42 C during summer at most places)

iamddevil said:

Where are your facts coming from man? The "very minimum" he needs is a quality 320W PSU (in the leagues of VX450). But I'd recommend a CX400.

iamddevil said:
Ati recommends you use a psu of atleast 450w for a 5770.

Plus he's got a quadcore...the c3 stepping may use 95w..but you don't know what stepping he's got.

Also, he's got an external soundcard, which'll consume some extra power.

Any additional devices would just ramp up the amount of power his system consumes.

His m/b would consume about 50w, and any additional usb devices would increase that amount. Also, he's got USB3, and I presume usb3 devices, and chipsets consume more power than USB2 ones.

Consider that power supplies get worse with age, and the amount of power they can safely output will decrease as time progresses...not something he'll notice right off, but towards the end of his warranty period he may.

India's a hot country, and his psu, if operating at the upper end of it's limit would generate more heat, than one operating at a lower load. Additional heat= lower component lifespan.

The OP can risk a power supply that'll just barely be able to handle his 30k plus rig right now, and leave him no room for future upgrades. Or he can spend a little extra and get something that's spec'd to handle his current rig, and maybe leave room for a GPU upgrade in the future.

I'm sure there are a lot of people around who'd rather risk their rig+data+time to save 2-5% of their initial investment, but I'm not one of them.

CX400 gives 80+ even at 50c afaik and is not made up of cheap circuit board/capacitors from singapore etc. It is really well made and would take a long time to show degradation in efficiency.

prince_20003 said:
i read on sapphires website,,,,, it says 500 W minimum wat is needed :O:O:':)'(

here is the link

SAPPHIRE- HOME

plzz guys help me out:)

You need not worry with CX400. It is really an excellent PSU, well built and stable.

The reputation DarkAngel carries should be enough for you to listen to him and trust his opinion :)

thank u guys.... :) i m feeling very much relieved now..:)

anyways i m planning to hike my budget by 1k for psu for future gpu upgrades ..

now suggest a psu...

is VX450 corsair good or some other psu ??

prince_20003 said:
thank u guys.... :) i m feeling very much relieved now..:)

anyways i m planning to hike my budget by 1k for psu for future gpu upgrades ..

now suggest a psu...

is VX450 corsair good or some other psu ??

If you can afford it, grab it. You wont need any PSU upgrade if you decide to stick with a single GPU with only one or two exceptions.

^More like skating on thin ice - a user who spends on a HD5870 would definitely not buy a VX450 unless he's a zilch!

A Coolermaster 1000W (UCP me thinks) could not take an overclocked i7 980X and a pair of GTX480s - just when we think it could. :lol:

Desecrator said:
^More like skating on thin ice - a user who spends on a HD5870 would definitely not buy a VX450 unless he's a zilch!

Yeah, If someone can afford a 5870 its obvious that money is not an issue and he/she will spend more on a better PSU, but a VX450 can handle it to be honest.

Desecrator said:
A Coolermaster 1000W (UCP me thinks) could not take an overclocked i7 980X and a pair of GTX480s - just when we think it could. :lol:

Really? :O

Back