PC Peripherals Suggest printer in about 3k

ashu

Disciple
Hi guys,
I am looking out for printer for home use: mainly colour and b/w prints; also i dont really need scan function; also the ink cost should be minimum; I have shortlisted two printer, i am looking for cheap solution.

Epson T13
Epson TX121

please guys suggest me suitable.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

plzz guys reply.... i want to buy one urgently....

per day 15 colour, 15 b/w............. i dont want to go with hp as there refill cartidge are very expensive!!!

^^ Sire in HP printers you replace only two cartridges, for a Epson / Canon [equivalent printer] you replace upto four cartridges depending on the configuration of the printer, HP works out cheaper this way.

It is because HP printers come with two cartridge set-up -- 1 CMY cartridge + 1 BlacK cartridge.

While other company printers have a quad-cartridge setup -- 1 Cyan + 1 Magenta + 1 Yellow + 1 BlacK.

To you it might seem, cheaper to buy single cartridges but let us take each Epson / Canon cartridge costs ~ 450/- ; total cost = 450 x 4 = 1800.

While each HP cartridge individually costs ~ 600/-, so total cost = 600 x 2 = 1200/-.

Now see which is cheaper.

^^ I'm not sure about the Epson printer model you mentioned here, but I have an Epson TX101 (all in one) that comes with 73N/93N cartridges.
I got a set of 4 refillable cartridges (CMYK)+ 4 x 100 ml ink for about 1800 bucks from ebay.

Still going strong after a year. I have refilled in multiple times. Running cost is very low. Only prob I have is that the ink doesnt seem to be waterproof (compared to original epson ink). So if the printouts get wet, the text gets smudged.

Otherwise no other issues. Printer is running fine. Very low cost of printouts :)

I lost count how many times. More than 5-6 times for sure. Refilled only the black since I don't use color printouts much.

I forgot the cost of the ink bottles. You can check in ebay for the latest rates. IIRC it was about Rs 150 for a 100ml bottle.

Assuming 10 ml per refill, cost of each refill would be Rs 15 (excluding one time cost for the cartridge).

i was thinking of recommend a Laser printer for monochrome prints but as you are also printing decent no. of colour prints Inkjet is the way to go.

Back