Storage Solutions Suggest new internal HDD for PC.

If you are willing to buy from other trusted retailers, I'd suggest that instead. They often package PC components much better, which is essential for something like a HDD. The WD Blue 2TB costs about the same at Vedant/MDC, and (for me) the additional peace of mind knowing that they'll package it better and won't have you running in circles like Amazon's Non-Returnable stock.

Thanks for pointing the non-returnable bit about Amazon. Wonder how many days it will take to reach from Vedant but yes, I will definitely take a look at it.

Do you already have a SSD in your system ?

If not, and assuming you don't have plans to store large amounts of data/media on the disk, you should get a SSD instead of HDD.
It will significantly improve the performance of the entire system, making everything feel snappier.

Do you already have a SSD in your system ?
I already have a 500GB SSD on the system divided into 2 partitions. Houses my Windows in one and the other 250GB partition is for games.
A weird thing happened. I was having a problem of multiple partitions randomly opening whenever I tried to install a game from Steam on one particular HDD partition. Also files had become unplayable from another partition. I assumed that my HDD was dying. However, when I did a health check of the disk using the in-built tools from Windows and also CrystalDiskInfo they keep showing the health as fine. I formatted the partitions and now everything is working fine and the above mentioned problems have also vanished. Hence, not buying a HDD immediately.
Many AAA games need SSD nowadays for streaming data faster.
You probably have online gaming in mind when you say this. I am a casual (plus old) gamer so I don't play online. Apart from very little difference in the load times for games, I don't think SSD has other major advantages over HDDs for gaming. Anyway, I have dropped the idea of buying for now but in the near future maybe I will get myself a SSD.
Thank you, everyone, for your responses.

Last edited:
You probably have online gaming in mind when you say this. I am a casual (plus old) gamer so I don't play online. Apart from very little difference in the load times for games, I don't think SSD has other major advantages over HDDs for gaming. Anyway, I have dropped the idea of buying for now but in the near future maybe I will get myself a SSD.
Thank you, everyone, for your responses.
I don't play online shooter games at all.

I am talking about games like Forza Horizon 5, Cyberpunk 2077, Spiderman (newer releases), Uncharted etc. especially newer open world games be it SP or co-op. These work very well on SSDs and using HDD with them you'll see texture pop-ins and other data streaming issues like higher frame times resulting in micro-stutters.
Anyways if you play games older than 2019-2020 then it's a non-issue.

Back