Camera Suggest me a best Camera within 10K

Tenida

Adept
I just wanted to buy a cam for product photography for review purpose. And I have shortlisted Canon powershot A2400IS and SX150. But I am in confuse mind which one to buy!! Can anyone shed some light ?:) It will be great help.
Budget:10K
And I also want to know what is the difference in feature between this mentioned model.

Cheers
Tenida

My vote most definitely goes for the Canon SX150 IS. Yes it has more zoom capabilities but it's also coupled with better image stabilization which you'll require once you do start to zoom in on a subject (if your not using a tripod that is). Also, I like the overall beefiness of the camera as compared to the A2400IS (pocket-fit) which makes the Canon SX150 more easy to grip. For your review purposes I'm guessing you want nice crisp photographs to your explanations and this camera won't disappoint.

Great decision I say! Also, you might want to give this review a read: Canon PowerShot SX150 IS review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Compact cameras

I think it's one of the best buy's at the 10k mark price point. Do note however that the SX150 does not have 1080p recording, it does 720p like a charm, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker in your case I hope. Also, the SX150 has a good solid macro mode and should help you in covering the smaller areas of a product while capturing your review-shots (say buttons on a certain tablet your reviewing). Hoping to see some good photographs from you after getting the camera mate! :)

Great decision I say! Also, you might want to go with this review: Canon PowerShot SX150 IS review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Compact cameras

I think it's one of the best buy's at the 10k mark price point. Do note however that the SX150 does not have 1080p recording, it does 720p like a charm, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker in your case I hope. Also, the SX150 has a good solid macro mode and should help you in covering the smaller areas of a product while capturing your review-shots (say buttons on a certain tablet your reviewing). Hoping to see some good photographs from you after getting the camera mate! :)

I made my mind to buy a new camera after getting inspired from your photography. Your HD7850 shoots was just wonderful with every bit of details there. And as I cannot afford a DSLR right now so this cam will do fine I think. And yes 720P video recording is enough for me .
Btw. I am thinking to buy this cam from Camera Exchange or Chowringhee camera store. I heard this store gives best price. :D
Thanks again :)

Hey many thanks for your appreciation bro!! :D

The Chowringhee Camera Store is a very good store with good stock of camera's/lenses, they should be giving you the best possible rates. The store isn't all that big and the frontage looks rather unimpressive, but inside the store is where the camera goodies lie... and in loads of stock! You could also check out another store called Bourne & Shepard (Contact No: 0332229645). They are also great dealers of camera's in the city.

Hmmm.... I really don't think buying the SX160 will be a huge boost from the SX150 which your focusing on except that it can squeeze out much more shots from the batteries and also has a small increase in the zoom capabilities. It runs on the same sensor and the same Digic 4 chip. OTOH, it does look much better that the SX150 (I admit the SX150 IS is a tad oddly shaped!). Here is a comparison between the 2:

Specifications - Canon PowerShot SX160 IS vs Canon PowerShot SX150 IS

Has Canon even confirmed they will be releasing the SX160 in Asia?

Hmmm.... I really don't think buying the SX160 will be a huge boost from the SX150 which your focusing on except that it can squeeze out much more shots from the batteries and also has a small increase in the zoom capabilities. It runs on the same sensor and the same Digic 4 chip. OTOH, it does look much better that the SX150 (I admit the SX150 IS is a tad oddly shaped!). Here is a comparison between the 2:

Specifications - Canon PowerShot SX160 IS vs Canon PowerShot SX150 IS

Has Canon even confirmed they will be releasing the SX160 in Asia?
I also thinking the same as both of them using same optics and chip. And the price of the new SX160 will be higher than his old sibling as its using some better optical zoom and new model . So, getting the SX150 looks wise enough. Thanks bro. for helping. And I'm buying the cam most probably tomorrow. :)

- - - Updated - - -
Black_Hawk
Here's one antic photograph of "Chowringhee Camera Stores" in 1944.
cxyBa.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Btw. you check my other old photos of Calcutta here.

Calcutta of 1947

OLD Calcutta
Calcutta in 1944
100 Years old photograph of Calcutta

No problems mate, glad I could help. Jesus Christ all mighty... that is one old photograph for sure, love the sepia tone on it. The best part is the area still looks the same, filled with hawkers on the pavement infront of the shop and bustling with life!

As regards the SX150, I say get it. Personally I have never been good with the waiting game regaring buying things, but that's just me. Your probably right on saying the SX160 will be priced a tad higher, maybe around the 14k mark and the additional 4k I don't think gets justified just for a few bells and whistles versus the SX150. Besides after a good few months/years of using the SX150 you might be in the mood to upgrade to a DSLR, so seems like a perfect decision for now mate. Happy purchasing the camera tomorrow! :)

No problems mate, glad I could help. Jesus Christ all mighty... that is one old photograph for sure, love the sepia tone on it. The best part is the area still looks the same, filled with hawkers on the pavement infront of the shop and bustling with life!

As regards the SX150, I say get it. Personally I have never been good with the waiting game regaring buying things, but that's just me. Your probably right on saying the SX160 will be priced a tad higher, maybe around the 14k mark and the additional 4k I don't think gets justified just for a few bells and whistles versus the SX150. Besides after a good few months/years of using the SX150 you might be in the mood to upgrade to a DSLR, so seems like a perfect decision for now mate. Happy purchasing the camera tomorrow! :)

Yeah same for me too. When something stuck on my mind to buy, I try immediately to buy it :) Btw. Went to Great Eastern today its near to my house but really disappointed that they offer only the MRP rates.
And can I use tripod with this? If so suggest me one within 1K budget.

Sorry to bump old thread but i too have been thinking of buying the SX150, but i have no idea about Cameras so i needed a second opinion.

Is it still a good buy ? Also, online or market (Kolkata)?

7.8k at Ebay, 7.6k at Shopclues ( Silver one though :( )

Do consider the Fujifilm S2980. I have been using it since Sept 2012. It is a low end bridge camera which will set you back by 9-10k. I got mine from Croma for 10500. I got the camera+ a fujifilm carry case(good quality)+ 4gb sd card + croma branded tripod + 4x 2100mah Envie batteries + an Envie charger with a digital readout. It has a lot of options that can be customized. The manual mode has a lot of settings. The best results are produced with the manual mode. The build quality is good and meets my expectations of ruggedness. All in all a good option that should be considered.

Back