Budget 21-30k Suggest Laptop fr basic use (No gaming)

vikrant_027

Disciple
Hi,
Pls suggest a good laptop .
# What's your Budget? 28k
# What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing/office apps/Occasional Downloading
# What size and weight considerations do you have? Anything greater than 14 inch
# Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No Acer
# Any other considerations?
1. Good Battery life around 3 hrs with low cpu intensive tasks
2. Should be rugged .
3. Warranty & Extended warranty should be affordable - basically want peace of mind for 3 years

I have selected the following options. Comment on them & suggest others
1. Dell vostro
1540 core i3 1st gen/2gb/500gb/15.1 Rs-27500
I feel the the lid is soft & the lcd will crack id some books are placed on it with its lid closed.
This can happen if there are books in the backpack & laptop is below them as in any backpack.
How is the extended warranty on these.

2. HCL AE1V3177
Core i3 2nd Gen/4GB/500 GB/ 14 inch DOS Rs-27500
How is their build quality & Service & extended warranty

HCL ME ICON V 1044 A
* 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i3 2350M Processor (2.30 GHz, 3M cache),
* Free DOS,
* 2GB DDR3 RAM,
* 320 GB Hard Disk Drive (5400 RPM)
MRP : Rs. 27,500.00

Is a laptop cooler required , does it affects the longevity of components. Always a question in my mind.

Thanks..

Get an i3 based Asus x54, couple it with 4GB ram, and you're good to go. Extended warranty can be had for 4k for 2 years. And no HCL for godsake please.

most simply compare HCL with world class brands like Asus, Samsung, Toshiba just cause they have less notebooks to show than HCL's plethora of crapbook. And just look at any institute that offers free laptop. Most are HCL cause they are cheap and crap. No proper cooling, poor keyboard, touchpad and display. Find me one HCL ultrabook.

check this: Samsung NP300E5Z-A0UIN. 1yr free warranty and add 2-4GB more ram.

HCL is really bad man..built quality extremely poor.if u can up your budget by 3000 u can get a decent inspiron laptop. good customer service and a decent config.Laptop cooler is not required as your requirements are not heavy duty.Laptop coolers are usually used by people who are using gaming laptop as they tend to heat up during long hrs of game play.

Checkout the Samsung range, my friends and me have around 4 of them between us and no problems reported at all. Except for one guy who consistently received damaged laptops from Flipkart, which has more to do with Flipkart than with Samsung.

Which of these will be better interms of reliaility & after sales support:
1. Dell vostro
1540 core i3 1st gen/2gb/500gb/15.1 Rs-27500
I feel the the lid is soft & the lcd will crack id some books are placed on it with its lid closed.
This can happen if there are books in the backpack & laptop is below them as in any backpack.
How is the extended warranty on these.

2. Asus X54C-SX261D / 2nd Generation Core i3 / 2 GB / 500 GB / Free DOS
Asus X54C-SX261D / 2nd Generation Core i3 / 2 GB / 500 GB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

3 Samsung NP300E5Z-A0UIN
Samsung NP300E5Z-A0UIN: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Back