Suggest Good Phone for 22K

raghul

The Reaper Is Here
Disciple
Hello peeps...my friend is gonna buy a phone for Rs.22,000/- in the coming 2 weeks

so i would request you all to help me suggest him a good phone in that range

and no he is not looking for a used mobile

i suggested him
1. HTC Desire S (coz of community support)
2. Optimus Black (coz of display)
3. Galaxy S (coz its still on of the best phones around)

his main concern is the screen must be 4inch big, with 1GHz proccy, 720p recording, flash(camera wala)

so please suggest some to me

If he is so keen on 4 inch screen, then he should go for LG Optimus Black since it fits his requirement. Else, like others have said have him check out Xperia Neo. Sony cameras are always better. Only thing is its 3.7, which is not that far from 4 inch screen.

But I would absolutely suggest Samsung Galaxy S (NOT PLUS) because its processor is an absolute beast. Samsung Galaxy S has same hardware as Nexus S and has the best community support via XDA. Its processor is capable of running at 1.6 Ghz plus the GPU which is the best in the market when you compare it to other single core GPU's. The camera is decent, while not great and it does record at 720p.

I would take the time to check out the newest offering from Samsung. It has a great camera and all the reviews are coming back positive. Personally, I would rather buy a quality camera for the HD recording. Phones are rarely powerful enough to do much recording, in my opinion. I agree with the thread that the Sony cameras are always the best, they have been making pro cameras for years and have brought some of their expertise into the mobile market.

^^ Actually LG Optimus Black is not same as 2X or G2X. You are right for not recommending G2X or 2X. But Optimus Black is a single core phone with thinnest body and brightest display phone in the market. It has exact same processor as Defy and Galaxy SL. So it does have weak GPU. But it does come with Camera and LED Flash.

My suggestion would be to go for a WP& phone or IOS (if hardware features are not that important you can go for the new 3GS just because the IOS).

I dont prefer android as because of the common feel we get in a 8K phone and the same feel in 30K phones and also they are battery guzzlers, you will fed up of charging your handsets.

You can go for Samsung focus which cost you much less but you will have to get it from US or you can buy it from Ebay.

the galaxy plus is a big NO NO as its just a SGS on steroids...

i told him about WP7 and how its rapidly gaining momentum and the fluid OS...but since all his friends have ANDROID (including me :D) he only wants android mobile (peer pressure? :p)

and on his budget he'll only get iPhone 3gs which is a really old model and he becomes a Itard :p

and he only wants phones which have INDIAN warranty... so no photon or atrix or g2x :)

and the deadline is 19 of this month! please do suggest more options.. are there any phones launching before that date ? or any others options also :)

^^ nah man.. he cant extend anymore.. he was at 14 before... after extending a little bit more and a little bit more he has come to a breaking point.. if i suggest him to extend a bit more he'll go buy a nokia phone! :p

hmmm.. his budget is only 22K... he wont extend anymore...

lol and today we went and tested some WP7 devices.. he liked it initially .. but then the mobilestore guy said "wp7 does not have good app support and very few apps and does not play many video formats and blah blah blah..." so my frnd still wants and android phone only...

Back