Suggest good performance desktop

newboss

Disciple
please suggest good performance desktop with reliability . .

1. Q: What is your budget?

1. 32k w/o monitor 45k with motor

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor crt 15"

key board

mouse

speaker

DVD writer

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1 i will keep this monitor 6 months (as i m confuse what to buy TV or/and monitor). but opinion needed to buy 23" LG - [M237WA] TV or samsng 24 inch
2 key board

3 mouse

4 speaker

5 DVD writer

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1. CPU - i5 2500 (still open to change)

2. Mobo with warranty durability and availability in ahmedabad

3. tv tuner if i decide to buy monitor instead of tv

4. all relevant component

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

may be BUDGET GPU when needed may be in one year. . but sure budget gpu within 5-6 k

2. tv tuner card.

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Ahmedabad

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

1. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Casual Gaming only (once in while)

Browsing

video/image Processing

programming

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

1) mobo: please suggest with good performance & warranty etc.

2) Many Casing is not available in Ahmedabad please suggest from VIP/intex/iball.

3) PSU & RAM with good after sell service record. and warranty .

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

not much. . . . some time NFS.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

HD movie viewing

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

1. NO OC

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

1. Windows 7 64 bit

2 Linux - Kubuntu bOTH

as i have indicated with monitor budget limited to 45k and without monitor 32k . ( can streach 5k max in each case). but lower is better :)

Re: Suggest Good perforamce Destop

If you want something that is avaialble in Ahmedabad then you should do a bit of searching in local market and post the mobos avaialble locally! In your other post you had mentioned Intel is available. So any other brand models readily available?
What are the PSU brands available at your place?
IINM sunny27 is from Ahmedabad and he manages to get many brands locally and at good prices! PM him for details!

I have inquired in ahmedabad at many places. here most of the dealer offers i5-2500+ DH67BL combo. ( in good bargain price. i.e. 14800Rs for combo.. ) some of the dealers are ready to give separate procy and required mobo also. so i think i will be able to manage any mobo.

Please include this mobo DH67BL in comparison also. thanks in advance.

You do not need a Intel Core i5 2500 for HD movie viewing and playing NFS class game, for that even a AMD Athlon IIx4 based system, will be more than enough, the entire set-up will be cheaper and more value for money what say.

newboss said:
Please include this mobo DH67BL in comparison also. thanks in advance.
The motherboard you are being offered is an Intel original board and I will not recommend getting it even if you are adamant about getting an Intel based RIG do not get this motherboard as it lacks basic features like all solid caps and almost no heatsinks which I think should be made compulsory for all motherboards in this day and age.

Back