Suggest good ISP in West Delhi except Airtel, MTNL

Hi guys,

I am currently using Airtel BB for past 3 years, now problem is that their post FUP speed is very less, 256kbps. I was using it with Airtel IPTV (1099rs plan), which i don't like much. Going for Dish TV instead.

Please suggest me good service provider, except MTNL.

Mtnl has a lot of problem in my area.

Other ISP which i have shortlisted are:

Tikona Broadband:

Thinking of calling them for Demo, fyi they dont have any tower in my area.

Heard a bit about them sending bills even connection is disconnected. So will opt for Bill free plans(latest ones). Also speed decreases with increasing download(problem 2-3 years back)

So anybody having latest installation of Tikona can help.

SpectraNet:

Not heard much, reviews are welcome.

Sify Broadband:

Reliance BB:

My usage is around 15-20gb a month, I will mostly using internet @ Night & weekends + Wifi is must(2 android phones
<
)

I want reliable connection with good service and support.

Regard

Haris

id say get reliance . the 999 plan for 12mbps upto 25gb and 1mbps afterwards is slurpppp
<

and id recommend u to buy your own wifi modem+router . will cost you around 2000-2500 , but will free you from the hassle of paying modem rent and getting a good quality (no disconnections + good range) router .

just my 2 cents
<

id say get reliance . the 999 plan for 12mbps upto 25gb and 1mbps afterwards is slurpppp
<

and id recommend u to buy your own wifi modem+router . will cost you around 2000-2500 , but will free you from the hassle of paying modem rent and getting a good quality (no disconnections + good range) router .

just my 2 cents
<

The plan u suggested is very nice, but its little over my budget.

I can spend 1k a month max.

Also router/modem charges, registration & installation charges will add to more.

Thinking of going with 760kbps plan of Tikona by paying 3900rs for 6 month & no extra charges.

Will take a demo soon !!!

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thinking of going with 760kbps plan of Tikona by paying 3900rs for 6 month & no extra charges.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Will take a demo soon !!! [/font]

let me know your experience with tikona.

The plan u suggested is very nice, but its little over my budget.

I can spend 1k a month max.

Also router/modem charges, registration & installation charges will add to more.

Thinking of going with 760kbps plan of Tikona by paying 3900rs for 6 month & no extra charges.

Will take a demo soon !!!

[font=arial, sans-serif]let me know your experience with tikona. [/font]

let me know your experience with tikona.

[font=arial, sans-serif]let me know your experience with tikona. [/font]

Oh God, Demo man called me today and said Tikona Tower is not present in my area and for just 1 customer, they are not going to plant any tower in my area.
<

Guys please help, any other ISP or its finally crappy MTNL
<

Guys after a lot of R&D, i have shortlisted MTNL & Reliance.

Help me to choose between them.

MTLN offer

I went Sanchaar Haat & saw this offer:

mtnlg.jpg

So in this I have to use their 2mbps till 5gb & 512kbps thereafter Plan, for atleast a month before i can switch to another plan, most prob. 800rs plan 512kbps day & 1mbps night

Here Installation & Registration charges are waived off.

My questn is that whether they charge modem/router rent charges after that???

Also mtnl to mtnl calls will be free after 60 days???

Reliance

I also talked to reliance guy(Mr Gyan Singh
<
) after looking this poster:

reliance.jpg

He said Reg & Installation charges of 500rs will be waived off only if i take 449rs - 512kbps U/L Download

i.e. 1800rs to paid for 4 months in advance.

Another option:

649rs, 1mbps unlimited no FUP
<

999rs for 12mbps till 25gb then 1mbps as stated above.

Please let me know the max downtime of reliance(I heard its better than MTNL).

Also let me know Modem cum Router for Reliance(better if it works with MTNL too).

Thanks

Ahhhh Finally, I have decided to stay with Airtel because of lucrative offer they are providing to me.

Yesterday I just locked the request for disconnection of Airtel BB. Their retention dept. tried to provide me various offers but none of them was good for me as my usage has now increased tremendously (min 30gb). Since retention dept plans are not good so i decided to go on with disconnection from Airtel BB. Finally CC lodged my request with a heavy heart.

But Today i got a call from their different retention dept. and he told me I am a very good Airtel customer for more than 4 years & he really proposed very good offers.

Finally I settled down with 2Mbps 75gb plan with whopping 40% discount
<
so finally settling at 1025rs monthly inclusive of all taxes
<
<

They are also providing 2Mbps 30gb plan @ 950rs inclusive of all taxes but in 75rs more i am getting 45gb
<

Their retention dept really wonder.

I will suggest all Airtel users try disconnecting your plan till you get a very decent plan from them
<

m from w.delhi, ..m payin 2.2K for 150 gb 4mbps plan.. i find it good.. whats the problem wid it
<
.. i think its best plan around.

2500rs monthly(including taxes)
<
is a huge amount for Internet connection for an individual.

I think you should try bargaining in my way(as stated above).

Well I am waiting for the time, when the famous & renown ISPs of South India will come to North India, Act TV, Beam Fiber, 5net etc we all are waiting for you
<

I am in north Delhi (Rohini) and Tikona is quite popular here, I mean atleast they advertise a lot so I feel you can give them a try.

I am in north Delhi (Rohini) and Tikona is quite popular here, I mean atleast they advertise a lot so I feel you can give them a try.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have called them for Demo and they said Tikona Tower is not present in my area and for just 1 customer, they are not going to plant any tower in my area. So they denied directly on phone.[/font]

Guys suggest me what to download ????

airtel.jpg

Wow !

Nice to know that airtel is doing so much for retaining their customers(for limited time though).

How about reliance 999 plan ? But just so you know that reliance has a crappy web page based login system and setting up wifi router is a task i.e not as easy as other isps.

Also, it disconnects itself after 3-4 hrs of inactivity(torrent download also comes under their inactivity) with compulsory dissconnection after 24 hrs.

Advantages are, you are linked via metro ethernet and you will get very nice upload speeds (3-4 mbps !).

Idk about MTNL

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have called them for Demo and they said Tikona Tower is not present in my area and for just 1 customer, they are not going to plant any tower in my area. So they denied directly on phone.[/font]

Guys suggest me what to download ????

airtel.jpg

Well that is really sad that they don't want to put up a tower in your area. Okay for this great problem of yours which I wish was mine. I have the 649 plan so I get only 10 gb limit. For you, you can do all or any of the following:

Download movies in HD quality which are 3 to 4 GB in size.

Download big games like FIFA 12 which is 6 GB.

All you can do is download now. BTW whats your plan speed?

Well that is really sad that they don't want to put up a tower in your area. Okay for this great problem of yours which I wish was mine. I have the 649 plan so I get only 10 gb limit. For you, you can do all or any of the following:

Download movies in HD quality which are 3 to 4 GB in size.

Download big games like FIFA 12 which is 6 GB.

All you can do is download now. BTW whats your plan speed?

I am using plan given by Airtel Retention dept, 2Mbps 75gb[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] plan with whopping [/font]40% discount[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font]
happy64.gif
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] so finally settling at [/font]1025rs [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]monthly inclusive of all taxes.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Also i m not much into games, will think of buying GFX card to use 75gbs of next two months.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So HD movies and English Serials will be preferred.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks anyways [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
123.gif
[/font]

I am using plan given by Airtel Retention dept, 2Mbps 75gb[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] plan with whopping [/font]40% discount[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font]
happy64.gif
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] so finally settling at [/font]1025rs [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]monthly inclusive of all taxes.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Also i m not much into games, will think of buying GFX card to use 75gbs of next two months.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So HD movies and English Serials will be preferred.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks anyways [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
123.gif
[/font]

What is this retention dept? I mean I have never heard of it and how is that you get a discount? Is your actual plan cost around RS 1800?

Back