PC Peripherals Suggest good external tv tuner box

diliplp

Disciple
Dear Friends,

I have Dell s2209w full HD lcd monitor with Airtel DTH , I am using gadmei 5822e to connect those via RCA cables.

I am not satisfied with overall quality I am gettting and kulprit is Gadmei , I agree its lot better that Cable wala, but still Airtel DTH has more clarity, Even when I see Airtel DTH software it is not coming clear, shadow of every edge is visible.

My airtel DTH signal quality is more than required, so its not the problem

I have one internal tuner card which came with zenith pc before 6 yrs, it has lg tuner with conexant fusion 878a chip, quality is worse than gadmei

Please suggest me good external tv box with best quality, budget is 2k.

I can also go for internal tv tuner card, but will prefer external more because I dont want to start PC when I only want to watch TV, even I dont record, still if no good options in tv box, I can go for internal card also.

Options cosidered
1. Avermedia Avertv Genie 1
2. Umax tv box ( I don't think this will be any good than gadmei, still I think, I never seen one)
3. Aver TV 150 MCE ( Last option)

Thank you friends in advance.

Let me be clear here. Unless you use a card that supports FullHD and DVB, you will not get proper quality whatever STB you use. But the price of these FullHD Tuners is so high that you can get a good CRT for the same price.

And for a budget of 2k, forget about it!

Back