Storage Solutions Suggest Good DVD Writer

sato1986 said:
I guess samsung has got best A.S.S. among all mentioned (They replaced my frnd's 1 month old samsung hand-to-hand) :hap2:

:huh: Where do they RMA hand-to-hand? I went for Samsung RMA at NP (New Delhi) yesterday. I was clearly told that replacement takes 15 days and its never hand-to-hand.

+2 For Asus Light Scribe....Have A killer Transfer Speed..... And the best Read Capabilities....

So.... In Case you are able to get LightON DVD RW then go for that...Else definetly you could go for Asus.... If you want real good performance..

sato1986 said:
LG has gud A.S.S. Like Samsung?

My friends IDE LG DVD writer gave some trouble last week, so I took it across to Prime who said that LG normally return the drive in 2 days with the same drive case but a replaced mechanism and PCB. I got the writer back in 2 days and it has worked fine since then.

I have used both LiteON and Samsung.
Samsung CD drive lasted for 7 years before failing. [1999 - 2006] :p
Samsung CD-RW: 3.5 years [2002-2005]
Liteon Combo Drive: 1.2 Years [2005 to 2006]
Samsung SATA DVD-RW: Still Alive [2006-present]

So overall Samsung has outlived Liton For me.

I had a terrible expirence with Sony and LG awful drives.

i would suggest you to go for Samsung or else if you can get pioneer then nothing beats that.

Well Everything seems like the same these days

I think Liteon and Asus seems good am using Liteon for about 1 year now no problems yet

i will say dont go for sony bcoz a lot of chinese duplicates is available inthe market now

Back