Storage Solutions Suggest Cabinet for Huge Storage.

krackzit

Disciple
Hello everyone.

I am looking for a solution for my storage needs.
I am having a storage of 1x4 TB now and expanding as per my needs.

After thinking a lot about this mass storage requirement.
I would like to have a cabinet that should be sleek and should have atleast 6 internal 3.5" bays. Don't need any 5.25" bay.

Will be using the same with a Athlon II X2 240 & M2N68-AM SE2.

The system will only be used as a NAS system which will be accessed by my 2 desktops and Xtreamer primarily for streaming video content.

Please suggest a budet cabinet for the above requirement and a PSU for the same.

Regards

Why don't you get rid of those 1TB drives and invest in 1.5/2 TB drives instead? Saves you space and the moolah to buy a large cabinet just to stack those drives. I generally do that.

Or if you are keen on building a NAS system, just buy an enclosure for the hard drives which stores upto 4 or 6 drives and supports JBOD and RAID. These must be available for 7k~10k sorts.

Thanks for the advice.

Had bad experience with enclosures. Not comfortable with them.

Any sleek cabinet with only 3.5" bays without any 5.25" or just one.

^I am not sure if there's any enclosure which has only 3.5" bays. You could probably buy a low-end mid tower enclosure from Zebronics and have the 5.25" bays converted to the 3.5" ones. There are metal adapters which does that. Should be the ideal inexpensive solution.

^ The case has built in PSU, Hot Swappable Bays, Port Multiplier Support so you can connect the 8 drives using just two eSata cables. I think the Sans Digital case is pretty good. I'll be ordering a 4 Bay Sans Digital enclosure soon. :)

^Yeah I had recommended him one of those based on yours' and LBM sir's recommendations but he does not want one like that and chose to go a proper enclosure way.

Desecrator said:
^Yeah I had recommended him one of those based on yours' and LBM sir's recommendations but he does not want one like that and chose to go a proper enclosure way.
No sir here just LBM is good enough !!!

For proper enclosure one can use three 5 1/4 bays to install four 3.5 HDD, That is the best bet. One can use a pci or pci-x card for the aditional sata ports. I had a similar plan to do it...One can check my thread on the same.

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/my-nas-setup-147417.html

After making it I ran in to a small problem....

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/which-psu-153768.html

So I would advice to go for a SANS DIGITAL TR8M-B

@ low_bass_maker

got your point.

But the setup needs to be cost effective and future proof.

For the time being I will go with a 6 HDD setup

suggest a psu for the above.

Back