CPU/Mobo Suggest Best Z68 Gen3 ATX Board

Ivy has intel hd4000 which along with your discrete gpu makes MVP lucid much better compared to current SB. Besides ivy is about 5-15% faster depending on the app, at the same clock. And with high end water it overclocks better if you can keep temps down. Main is pci e 3.0 for future setups or current dual gpu high end setups along with lucid mvp for single setups

Given the teething trouble Lucid has, and texture corruption and other shite, I'd not want to use it. With a GTX 680, I don't think I'll need to. Are there clock to clock benchmarks with Ivy Bridge vs Sandy Bridge? Because I'd be interested in reading those. Nothing on AT, Xbit, and so on. Please link if you can

There are, just compare 3770k to 2600k, 100Mhz really doesn't make much of a difference, calculate yourself if it is so important
<

Sometimes the differences are less than 5% btw the two, but at times the differences are 12-15%. For stuff of 2012 and 2013, we can assume an average 8-12% difference clock to clock.

Obviously I wouldn't mind buying a CPU at the same cost or 1K more, that offers a 100 Mhz speed bump, improved performance and runs cooler...But I'm also getting impatient, and I'd have to wait to see if IB 22nm is proven or not. the 32nm process of the 2600K certainly is. Anyways, I'm holding on to my wallet, of course if the 2600K suddenly becomes 15K (from 18+K right now), I'm going with it regardless
<

ivy runs at least 15-20C hotter than SB, that is the only thing which limits the overclock without super high end water.

Ivy has intel hd4000 which along with your discrete gpu makes MVP lucid much better compared to current SB. Besides ivy is about 5-15% faster depending on the app, at the same clock. And with high end water it overclocks better if you can keep temps down. Main is pci e 3.0 for future setups or current dual gpu high end setups along with lucid mvp for single setups

Agree with #[member='rite'] totally on the SB vs IVB advantage

Been meaning to ask this from awhile now. Since I'll not be using onboard graphics (so PCIe 3.0 and IGP on CPU is essentially useless to me), and the TDP of 95W to 77/75W is a small one too, how exactly will IB unleash me the real potential of the Z77 mobos. Other than a 100 MHz jump in clock speed, what will a 3770K do that a 2600K can't?

My logic would be simple - If the cost difference is 2 to 2.5K, I would still go for 3770K. What would bother me is still the overall HIGH COST factor for an Ivy Proc ..... especially when we know that this is the end of the current series before Haswell is introduced. Well we can wait forever as this race would never end (as newer procs with better features and abilities would always be introduced) ...... whilst Intel laugh's all the way to the bank.

You could also refer to the following for a more detailed analysis of the 3770K vs 2600K and make your own choice

http://www.anandtech...w-core-i7-3770k

http://wccftech.com/...idge-10-faster/

http://www.tomshardw...ossfiring-7970s

Lastly do remember that even all these are still "synthetic" benchmarks on a "production chip"..... We have to wait till the final release is out (though there would be hardly any newer surprises).

Cheers

ivy runs at least 15-20C hotter than SB, that is the only thing which limits the overclock without super high end water.

If that be true, then 2600K it is...

@Terence, thanks for the links!

Is the 2600K likely to experience a price drop post the 3770K launch?

Back