Suggest an andorid phone around 6K

techygeek

Adept
[h=2]
[/h]My Existing phone is almost conking off, so need to buy a new phone quickly, preferably in 2 days.
Guys Need your help for the same.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 6k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nothing as such, should have decent A.S.S in mumbai

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen (Capacitive a must)

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Not really looking for a good camera. Even 2 - 3MP will do.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wi-Fi, 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Apart from normal texts and call, i need whatsapp , casual gaming, multimedia and good app support

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Dual SIM preferred, I have 2 SIMs , if dual sim possible then good, else will discard one SIM

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Micromax A52 and A56 , Spic stellar craze Mi-355

P.S. I had created a WTB thread for used phones, but mostly looking for a new phone unless I get a very good deal for used one.

^ haha
still new to the android thing. would love to JB, does JB void warranty?

I am thinking of extending budget little bit so now I can go for Galaxy Y Duos or HTC Explorer.

So now its Samsung Galaxy Y vs HTC Explorer vs Idea Blade.

Which one to go for?

all those roms will void your warranty :bleh:
JB might still be a bit in the alpha stage, but there are folks here running it stably on ICS - check the second thread.
How far are you extending your budget?

Well I would love to play with firmwares but then getting the warrant void is something that is holding me back.Any way we could flash back the stock rom? and they wont know it.

Also HTC Explorer has only 90MB internal memory, I have heard that even though apps can be insstalled to SD card they still leave some footprint on the internal memory.

nah, havent looked much into this segment. Used to have a Spica i bought second hand for 6.5k in 2011, upgraded to an atrix 2 last week :D
if you are looking at the A7, put up a bit more and get an A9 @8.5k - the bigger screen is totally worth it - typing on a 2.8" screen is NOT fun
Battery life is phone specific, but since you're new to android, be prepared, android phones have horrible battery life in general. My spica used to last less than a day, and i used to go around with it hooked to an external battery pack. the atrix lasts well over a day, and my joy knows no bounds :D

nah, havent looked much into this segment. Used to have a Spica i bought second hand for 6.5k in 2011, upgraded to an atrix 2 last week :D
if you are looking at the A7, put up a bit more and get an A9 @8.5k - the bigger screen is totally worth it - typing on a 2.8" screen is NOT fun
Battery life is phone specific, but since you're new to android, be prepared, android phones have horrible battery life in general. My spica used to last less than a day, and i used to go around with it hooked to an external battery pack. the atrix lasts well over a day, and my joy knows no bounds :D

I saw one of the reviews at Karbonn A7 review and Unboxing video ? 800 MHz Android phone and the video too. He has written a day of moderate use and that will do for me.
Just one last bit of help, if you can see the review and comment about it.

oh! the site I'd ended up looking at the A7 had said that it had a 2.8" screen. if it has a 3.5" screen, then buy it by all means. The battery life seems par for the course. If you enable push email (sync) or play a lot of games or music, then expect battery life to take a drastic hit. else you should manage one day easily :)

greenhorn yet again am soo confused, because of after sales service of karbonn sppice and all.
arghhh. again budget up to 11k. now which one?
htc wildfire s?? or something else?

budget increase so would looking to keep it for longer now. :p

if you are okay with dual sim, then go for it. Personally, I think that androids have such poor battery life that getting a dual sim android is just asking for trouble. I have two sims, but I use one in my android, and the other in a nokia 1203, because the nokia is immortal compared to the android :p

Back