Suggest a streaming device for a TV

I need a streaming device, something like a chromecast/fire stick which has support for hotstar, prime video and other OTT apps. I had settled on a Mi Box 4k but its out of stock everywhere. what would be a better alternative to it? Will a chromecast work?
EDIT: I'm thinking of getting the amazon firestick 4k max. will it be a viable replacement? I really need all the OTT apps to be compatible with it, its for my parents so it definitely needs to support voot or whatever other ott app is there

Last edited:
Do you have a 4k TV ? If not, you can go for the FHD version of the Firestick. If yes, go with Firestick 4k or Chromecast. The latter has a cleaner and better interface. Both have support for all OTT apps.

if price isnt too much of a concern and if you have an apple ecosystem, apple tv works smoothly with a better experience.

fire TV sticks feel old very quickly and have a bit of a lag comparatively. overall experience is clunkier.

Do you have a 4k TV ? If not, you can go for the FHD version of the Firestick. If yes, go with Firestick 4k or Chromecast. The latter has a cleaner and better interface. Both have support for all OTT apps.
I went with the 4k max because it supports proper Dolby Atmos and AV1 decoding.
if price isnt too much of a concern and if you have an apple ecosystem, apple tv works smoothly with a better experience.

fire TV sticks feel old very quickly and have a bit of a lag comparatively. overall experience is clunkier.
yea I would have considered Apple if we had owned a Mac/iPhone but which fire TV stick have you used? is it one of the older gens?
P.S. should I hold off on buying it and wait for a sale?

Last edited:
I went with the 4k max because it supports proper Dolby Atmos and AV1 decoding.

yea I would have considered Apple if we had owned a Mac/iPhone but which fire TV stick have you used? is it one of the older gens?
P.S. should I hold off on buying it and wait for a sale?
Prime day sale is a couple months away, but it should be available for 4.5k then, plus card discounts. If you don't want to wait that long, then I saw one in the market here for 3.5k, not sure if it's still available.

If you have an AVR and HT setup, fire stick is the better choice because it has very good device support.

Prime day sale is a couple months away, but it should be available for 4.5k then, plus card discounts. If you don't want to wait that long, then I saw one in the market here for 3.5k, not sure if it's still available.

If you have an AVR and HT setup, fire stick is the better choice because it has very good device support.
hm yea thats the issue, sale is too far away but 2k price diff is tempting. I'll wait for the monsoon sale and see if it goes down at all

Back