What would you recommend?

• Corsair RM 750W

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seasonic M12IISS750AM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mayanks_098

Disciple
My old Corsair GS600 dies on me yesterday. I thought I'll buy a new one for my brand new rig. Went in the market looking for Corsair TX750M but could not find TX or HX series in whole of Nehru Place. They only had RM series which I did not buy coz of mediocre reviews.

Other choice was Seasonic M12II SS750AM. Was getting it for 7350 but could not buy due to some weird issue at the retailer's end. This has given me time to check with you guys for your opinion.

Have heard of quality issue with Seasonic PSUs (dying and clicking sounds) and also bad service from Tirupati. Now I know Seasonic is a great brand but I do not want a nagging product as I simply do not have time now a days.

Would you still recommend it?

Rig:
Intel i7 4770k
Asus Maximum VI Hero
ASUS Radeon R9 280X DC2T
Cooler Master Hyper 212x
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 1600 MHz CL10
Intel 530 240 GB SSD
Western Digital 2TB 7200 RPM
Asus DVD R/W DL

(Now I know 750W may be an overkill but I want to leave some breathing space for a future SLI and Corsair H100.)

So Corsair RM750? Seasonic M12IISS750AM? Or something else in this range?

Any particular reasons for suggesting this? How is the performance and service of this particular PSU from CM?

What about Corsair and Seasonic?

Its a rebadged Seasonic X series PSU. So performance will be right up there. Since you were worried about Seasonic service, I figured Coolermaster might give you an easier time.
Corsair has the HX750 which is good but costs nearly the same as the V700 and not really in the same league as the V700.

Do Seasonic fail that often? I mean if I have to buy a Seasonic made PSU rebranded as something else (Like XFX, Corsair or CM) then it really comes down to service. Coz the CM or any other Seasonic unit will be as likely to fail as Seasonic selling as Seasonic itself. BTW how is the service of Cooler Master? Who handles it?

Also, 11k is a little high for my budget. I can get it if its worth it but if there is any other option, please suggest.

Correct me if I am wrong

Seasonic X> Corsair AX> CM V700 (Seasonic made) > Corsair HX> Corsair TX

Pretty much any good PSU you buy these days will have a Seasonic sourced design. The dying/clicking issues are due to QC issues, and if i'm not mistaken they seem to be only among the budget S12II units, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem at the higher-end; plus Coolermaster should have its own QC in place. I've not really seen anyone complaining about Coolermaster service. You would need to contact Sanket at @Coolermaster on how service is handled.

As for the price, its your money, so you really should spend what you feel like :) Although by now you've probably realised the GS600 is crap and the RM750 is equally junk, so at the end of the day you really get what you pay for. If there was a cheaper option - from Corsair/CoolerMaster since you were keen on good support - I can't think of it.

Correct me if I am wrong

Seasonic X> Corsair AX> CM V700 (Seasonic made) > Corsair HX> Corsair TX
Corsair AX > CM V700/Seasonic X > Corsair HX >>>> Corsair TX (current TX version is pretty much a GS)

Seasonic S12G 750W is also good option if you don't want modular features ...
Doesn't make sense since the better G series is only a few hundreds more.

Pretty much any good PSU you buy these days will have a Seasonic sourced design. The dying/clicking issues are due to QC issues, and if i'm not mistaken they seem to be only among the budget S12II units, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem at the higher-end; plus Coolermaster should have its own QC in place. I've not really seen anyone complaining about Coolermaster service. You would need to contact Sanket at @Coolermaster on how service is handled.

As for the price, its your money, so you really should spend what you feel like :) Although by now you've probably realised the GS600 is crap and the RM750 is equally junk, so at the end of the day you really get what you pay for. If there was a cheaper option - from Corsair/CoolerMaster since you were keen on good support - I can't think of it.

Corsair AX > CM V700/Seasonic X > Corsair HX >>>> Corsair TX (current TX version is pretty much a GS)

Doesn't make sense since the better G series is only a few hundreds more.

thanks a ton. I will buy from Nehru Place today cant order online as it will take a few days and I want it now. SMC sells CM so I hope I find V700 with them. If its not available, whats my next option?[DOUBLEPOST=1396704526][/DOUBLEPOST]Bought CM V700 from Nehru Place for 10.8k. Sweet price, I must say.

Last edited:
Back