Suggest a Phone - 4k MAX..

Aditya

Skilled
Hey guys..

I need to know soon.

Need a Flip phone ONLY. Basic Features only. Nothing extravagant.

More the features the better, ofcourse.

Budget : Rs.4000 MAX.

Im looking at the MotoFlip (Motorola W220)..

Looks most promising.

My Friend Hardik, SCZ and Anish, all 3 recommended this 1 too...

So, should I go for it?

Its around 3.8k in Heera Panna. Ill bargain it down 300 - 400 Rs. hopefully.

Im going to Heera Panna in 30 mins. So quick responce please?

Thanks,

Ad1...

Just get that W220 it would be ur Best bet for 3.5-3.8K. Its a great phone, with FM radio n Super Cool LEDs on the front panel. :p

its too bad your budget is limited to 4k... else would have recommended the samsung X210... 4.7k in tvm.. nice fone + i can plug it into my PC (already have an x200+data cable :D )

hmmm.. what about the x160?

"Nahi Ma .. main aisa kuch nahi kar raha ...." :tongue:

I got that fone for me mommy last month only ..

Gud basic fone .. if the target user is only goin to pick and make the calls..

Who is into sms these days anyways ... !!?

lol many youngsters swear by messaging. i got this neighbour of mine and she finishes her 1500 free msg. in 7 to 10 days on avg. so u see ppl. do care about msging.

i did mentioned the word TARGET USER ...

sorry i didn used the Inverted commas in the prev post.. My Bad..

wid the call rates dipping .. cept for the Aaltu Phaaltu msg .. one wd prefer to call rather than send a msg ..

(and Hottie .. pls yaar.. kam se kam SHE wali species ki baat na kar in this regard.. samajhdaar ko ishaara kaafi..

i dnt want to be caught on the wrong foot by saying too mch .. there are a few female members prowling in this community.)

I think Samsung X210 will be a better optioon with a Price tag of Rs. 4200/- Definitely a better User Interface and Awesome screen Display. Motorola User Interface is very boring.

Hotstuff said:
lol many youngsters swear by messaging. i got this neighbour of mine and she finishes her 1500 free msg. in 7 to 10 days on avg. so u see ppl. do care about msging.

i too use up my 100sms/day :hap2:
nothin wrong...its' kinda nice timepass ... :bleh:

Lol.. Where to where..

I bought the W220 in the morning itself.

Gifted it to my girl far in advance of her b'day.. Lol.. (Its on 28th Nov :p)...

Anyways..

I never quite like Samsung Flap phones anyways. the only downer in the W220 is that the screen is tad bit small. Except for that, a really good phone for 3.8k..

Aditya, what are your first impressions on the W220? I am also on the lookout for a simple flip phone without camera and maybe an mp3 player. Something that's looks cool at a 4K price tag. How would you rate this phone against the Nokia 6060?

I hav the same fone too ..

its a glossy and neat looking fone and really looks chic..

bt that is where the goodies end..

The fone is nice for ppl who are intrested in making and receiving calls only ..

the menu is real crappy and it took me abt 2-3 min actually make out how to access the sms from the inbox

The screen is Kinda small .. cud have been a bit bigger , bt thats the way it is

User can store 9 fm channels

No MP3 player.. and no MP3 ringtones playback feature

Lack of Blutooth and IR makes it really frustrating at times.. it has GPRS though and u need to set it manually

Decent Battery Back up .. lasts for abt 2.5-3 days on decent usage for the calls and FM listening

The buttons are well demarcated and made of rubber.. not mch to my liking .. bt the MotoRazr styled keypad still looks neat

Havent seen/used Nokia 6060.. so cant make any comparisons..

I believe flip phones have this problem of bus connecting the display with the main phone getting damaged often. However good for ladies.

Well, Ive never been a fan of Nokia phones.

Even though, my first phone was a Nokia 1100, thats the only thing I could afford then. Then an n-Gage QD, which i hated after a month. Now have L7, which i Love. Its an amazing phone.

Anyways, I have a softer side for Moto's, have liked em, since I saw my nani's first Motorola mobile. Yes, that huge thing, with the deck charger, and the whole Card slides in instead of just the sim :O. Remember that phone? Lol...

First impressions on the phone were, wow thats slim. I thought it was a lil' thicker. Opened up the flap, started the phone, noticed that the screen was small. You get used to it in a lil' time. The main thing this phone has are looks. nothing else. I preffered to buy it, since I was gonna gift it to a girl, plus it had Radio. It was the best featured Flap phone in the 4k range.

The nokia 6060 has the same sized screen. So no diff there. It doesnt have blue-tooth either, the only thing it has is Mp3 ringtones.
Dont really like the look of any Nokias. Ive always hated them. Bulky POS'...

The only Nokia phone i have liked, is the Nokia Aeon concept :p..

Id recommend the W220 over the 6060 anyday...

Back