Suggest a mobile for 3k

Deepak

Skilled
Hey guys....

While my perfect phone would be something on the lines of N95, I need a new phone for around 3k (I can maybe, maybe stretch the budget to a max 4k)

Some of the choices I have looked are :

Moto Flip

Moto C168

Dunno about the rest of the brands in this range with good phones.

Anyway I'd like it if the phone has the following functionality in that order :

1. Ability to sync/transfer contacts from PC (I just don't wanna re-enter all my contact details all over again)

2. Has the option of letting me put in multiple fields in a single contact (like Mobile No, Landline, Email Add, Birthdates etc)

3. Color Screen

4. Supports Java MIDP (so that I can run some Java apps)

5. FM RADIO

6. GPRS

7. MP3 Player (I guess asking for that might be too much eh :bleh:)

Any suggestions fellas.....

and how is the Moto Flip as a phone, as I am seriously eyeing that one.

any idea of its cost?

Cheers

Deepak

extend it to 5.5K.. and get a Nokia 6085...

and later when u feel lik spending another 600 bucks or so.. get a 1 GB card..

tht thing has all da features u need...

@fundu, can't really extend the budget, a bit tight budgeted right now m8...

Nokia 2626 is almost similar to Moto Flip or Samsung C300

The main feature I want is to somehow be able to restore and backup the contact list, thats all I want, everything else is just icing on the cake :)

Check out SE options like j230, k310, k320.. Yup 2626 is in the market but not sure about the contacts thing. (probably not actualky)

you wont get a data cable wid any of the phones in that range...

or if u hav a IR thing on your PC.. theres a possibility...or borrow one from someone...

or simpler... just transfer the phone memory contents on ur SIM n you shud be good.. tht is if u have enuff space on ur SIM...

EDIT: I have seen the 2626 only in pink colour.. :thumbs down:

da Nokia 6030 is only decent option wid radio.. n its prety cheap..

IR + Radio - samsung X210...

You can also actiavet IrDA port in this section, there is a selection of two items: for PC connection or for handset-to-handset connection. IrDA port possibilities are limited, you can only send contacts, and you cannot send images, ring tones or anything else.

Source --> Mobile-review.com Review of GSM handset Samsung X210

tht is if u have enuff space on ur SIM

Thats gonna be a problem and a pain in the ...

Does 6085 do the deed, backup and restore contacts?

What other really cheap phones which can do that? something below the 5k mark maybe?

my friend had a Samsung C100 and he had bought it nearly 4 years ago. but saving contact list, copying mpr ringtones from a pc was a breeze in that. it had features like you listed

1. Ability to sync/transfer contacts from PC

2. Color Screen

4. Supports Java MIDP (so that I can run some Java apps)

5. GPRS

i bet Samsung C168 will be a good option for you.

also you can try sony ericsson 200i, i think its really cheap when compared to other high end cells and also has great features. however i am not sure about speca 200i. but it has all features you have asked for. i'll give you more options asap.

:) Here's a brief insight about this cell phone.

Pics:

Specifications

Size
101 x 44 x 18 mm / 3.9 x 1.7 x 0.7 inches

Weight
85 g / 3 oz

Screen
128x160 pixel

Memory
27 MB Phone Memory / Memory Stick Microâ„¢ (M2â„¢) support

Networks
GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900

Camera
VGA / Digital zoom 4x / Video record

Music
Media Player / MegaBassâ„¢ / Music tones MP3, AAC / PlayNowâ„¢

Internet
RSS feeds / Access NetFrontâ„¢ Web Browser

Entertainment
3D games / Java / Radio / Video Clip / Video streaming

Connectivity
Infrared port / Modem / Synchronisation PC
USB mass storage / USB support

Messaging
Email / MMS (Multimedia Messaging)
Predictive text input / SMS long (Text Messaging) / Sound recorder

Communication
Polyphonic ringtones / Speaker phone / Vibrating Alert

Design
Joystick / Picture wallpaper / Wallpaper animation

Organiser
Alarm clock / Calculator / Calendar / Flight mode / Notes
Phone book / Stopwatch / Tasks / Timer
you can get it for around 6.5 to 7k. here's a link eBay India: Sony Ericsson W200i, Bill & 1 Yr Nationally Warranty (item 280099699923 end time 28-Jun-2007 14:15:10 IST)
But you better also search it more or find any other sellers, you may get it for even lesser price.

So at the end, i feel its really a good bang for the buck. it has got everything a good phone can offer. main thing is that the memory is expandable. ;) here's a review if you would like The Star Online : TechCentral - Malaysia Technology

actually i want to buy this cell now, but i have got a budget issue as i also need to buy a good gfx card. however all the best buddy.:)

6.5k will be way out of my current budget

max that maybe just maybe I can get my folks to agree on is 5.5k

BTW, which one would be better Nokia 6085 or Nokia 5200? feature wise they are almost similar, how about performance wise, look wise, build wise etc.

^ Both are more or less the same with the 5200 have a couple more features. Its a matter of personal choice here.. How much u getting them for?

Ank1t said:
^ Both are more or less the same with the 5200 have a couple more features. Its a matter of personal choice here.. How much u getting them for?

Haven't asked but will go in a day or 2 maybe more if the delhi heat doenst improve :mad:

BTW, have you tested the interface via the POP PORT, does it allow backing up of contacts into the PC? and if so in which format?

As in I have a Ngage right now and I am using Backup Contacts to backup the contact list, this createas a Vcard containing all the contacts. Anyidea if that'll work?

If you can spend 5.5k, then better check out the sony Ericsson Z530i, or else Z550i for 6k. They have got everything you want. Nokia 6085 is also a decent option, but I'd prefer SE anyday.

@Ank1t: Did you say you're getting the K550i for 5.5k? Are you sure? Where man?!! Give me the address of that store.......

^^ Are you sure the Z550i is for 6k? Looks great for its price spec wise.

Will check that out thanks.

So now something between

Nokia 6085

Nokia 5200

SE Z530i

SE Z550i

EDIT : MODS can you change the title or original post to 5.5k and accordingly change the first post. TIA

Back