Suggest a Long Range Wifi Router with 2 USB Ports

Currently i'm using Linksys WRT54G Wifi with my Airtel Broadband.

These are the devices that are constantly connected to it:

1. iPhone

2. MacBook Pro

3. HP Laptop

4. Intel ATM based NAS Server (Movies are stored here. Will be streamed wirelessly to all other devices)

5. PC

Though the present router does its job well, its coverage doesn't reach the room where i'm going to work. My house is a duplex building. So i have no choice but to change the router.

I'm looking for a router to which i can attach my Seagate GoFlex Desk 1 TB External HDD and access its files(HD+SD Movies) throughout the network and connect my Epson All in one to Print and Scan documents, wirelessly.

Budget: ~2.5k. Can be increased if needed.

PS: 1. 2 USB are not compulsory. But 1 is a must which SHOULD support 1< HDDs.

2. Router with download/torrent facility not compulsory.

^Why not invest in a repeater? For a house your size most routers will falter at the farthest points. The "N" series of routers though will add range over the "G" one you have.

I am using the Asus rtn13u b1 as a repeater to an airport express. It works flawlessly, and was quite simple to setup. You should be able to find one for 2.5 k . It does have a USB port for connecting and sharing a USB drive.

You'll find getting wifi range for your iPhone the most challenging as it has a very low wifi reception as compared to notebooks..

^^Exactly! My MacBook Pro doesn't have any issue with catching signal. Problem is only with the iPhone 4!

Can i buy a n new router and use the current WRT54G as the repeater?

Also does RT13n supports 1 TB< HDD?

Back