Suggest a laptop for installing VMWare Player and atleast two instances of Guest OS

pritesh

Disciple
Hi,

I had earlier posted a thread asking to choose between a HP DV 6 model and Lenovo Y560. Then per suggestions from some members, I waited for the Sandy Bridge to be launched. Now that there are some models around with it, just wanted to know which one will be better ?

I am looking for

A) A laptop for installing VMWare Player and atleast two instances of Guest OS (Linux mostly). I want to set up a cluster and do other interesting stuff...

B) A laptop with a good build quality , I dont mind if its a little heavy, but its gotta have good build quality.

C) Its gotta be a performance horse...

D) I will also use it to watch a movie, and an occasional game

E) Including the warranty etc etc. it should cost me 60K at the max.

Any suggestions ?

I know a desktop is ideal for what I am looking at, but I really gotta have something that I can carry around.

Please do suggest guys, especially those who have got a Sandybridge laptop, please do suggest.

Re: Suggest a laptop for installing VMWare Player and atleast two instances of Guest

That depends on the hardware requirements of your Guest Instances :)

If your guests are CPU intensive, then get a beefy CPU in your laptop, if RAM, then get more RAM, if HDD IO intensive then get a fast HDD/SSD etc etc... you get the idea!

Back