CPU/Mobo Suggest a good VFM AMD X3/X4 Processor/Mobo combo !

Thanks again. This colleague of mine is in a real flux! Don't bother posting here till i ask again guys! I don't want to bother memebrs here & help people offline free of cost and then they buy crappy hardware after 6 months! Appreciate all your exquisite help & suggestions... like always :)

Anubis said:
Its already quad core(4 cores ) bro , no more cores can be unlocked

No there is no need to unlock multi/cores of it

Rockfella said:
BIOSTAR is not a TEIR 1 mobo manufacturer, even if many people are using it without failures i can't recommend it to my friend as he is a married n00b and won't get time to RMA etc.

How do you say Biostar isn't a tier 1 mobo manufacturer? Or how do you define Tier1 ,2 etc? Can you be more specific on this?

Rockfella said:
BTW Who handles RMA for BIO?

Abacus Peripherals.

Google "TIER 1 motherboard manufacturers" yourself, the links i want to post haev PDF files rofl!
dvijaydev46 said:
How do you say Biostar isn't a tier 1 mobo manufacturer? Or how do you define Tier1 ,2 etc? Can you be more specific on this?
Abacus Peripherals.

jaber said:
The cheapest ddr3 mobo is the MSI GF615M-P33. I got it for Rs3200.

Its a gforce 6150SE chipset mobo.

How is the board? Any drawbacks? And how are the overclocking options if any?

Rockfella said:
Since the cpu u mentioned is already a QUAD there is no need to unlock multi/cores of it right? :baby:

unlocking are of two types these days..

unlocking cores

and unlocking L3 cache

X4 athlons dont have L3 out of the box and with certain boards, it can be unlocked :)

@mohit

dont bother buying that age old chipset.

maximum cpu support is 95W

and it wont make a difference in performance if you use ddr3 with this.. only positive i see is the option to have cheap ram change/upgrade in future... although 2 ram slots..

Ironically the board supports only AM3 socket cpus because of DDR3 and still operates at am2 specs... HT and NB @ 1GHz only :p (am3 is capable of 2.6GHz out of the box)

Any giga mobo that supports AM3 and DDR3 without caps of NB? Cheapest :)

madnav said:
unlocking are of two types these days..

unlocking cores

and unlocking L3 cache

X4 athlons dont have L3 out of the box and with certain boards, it can be unlocked :)

@mohit

dont bother buying that age old chipset.

maximum cpu support is 95W

and it wont make a difference in performance if you use ddr3 with this.. only positive i see is the option to have cheap ram change/upgrade in future... although 2 ram slots..

Ironically the board supports only AM3 socket cpus because of DDR3 and still operates at am2 specs... HT and NB @ 1GHz only :p (am3 is capable of 2.6GHz out of the box)

Rockfella said:
Any giga mobo that supports AM3 and DDR3 without caps of NB? Cheapest :)

GA-MA770T-UD3P ..6.5-6.8k but no IGP (costs ~$80 at newegg without rebates..)
GA-MA785GMT-US2H ...7-7.2k (~$90)

:)

i'm sure it will be no budget buy..

settle for DDR2
DDR3 performance is supposed to increase with new chipset release ..that is.. 8xx series..which wont release before Q2 2010

currently DDR2 is as good as DDR3 with current amd offerings..

Lets chuck DDR3 then, do u know the benQ 22" with DVI?

madnav said:

settle for DDR2

DDR3 performance is supposed to increase with new chipset release ..that is.. 8xx series..which wont release before Q2 2010

none that i'm aware of rightow.

market s flooded with FullHD 22 inchers which logically renders 1680x1050 22 inchers outdated.

you may get some in market section if you put WTB threadt that is..

Another confusion, since this LCD has DVI i would ideally like to buy 3450/4350 to USE HDMI or DVI atleast rofl! I guess we will settle for a 19" wide one.

madnav said:
none that i'm aware of rightow.

market s flooded with FullHD 22 inchers which logically renders 1680x1050 22 inchers outdated.

you may get some in market section if you put WTB threadt that is..

madnav said:

settle for DDR2

Gigabyte MA78GMT-US2H 16x, 8Ch.S, L, HDMi DDR3 5975
www.deltapage.com
The mobo must be cheaper in Mumbai and delhi than chennai

Will the Biostar A785GE - 3.3K (DDR2) board allow me to unlock the remaining 2 cores of a 550BE? Otheriwise, which are the cheaper options that will allow me to unlock? DDR2 preferred. TIA.

Bumping this thread. SMC is offering the Gigabyte MA-785GM-US2H now for 4.4k shipped as a Christmas offer.

How is this board? Overclocking options? And if anyone has a link to a good review of the same, please share it. Thanks.

Back