PC Peripherals Suggest a gaming/good mouse for within 1300-1500/-

b00gieMan

Adept
Jul 19, 2008
boogiemanscave.wordpress.com
My Razer CH suddenly started acting like def person.. the single click started working as doubleclick.. one of the most common issues with Razer shit mouse.

Anyways, workd for more than a yera.. and disappointed for the quality i got for the premium amount i paid.. but well.. screw it

Looking for a good mouse.. local mouse are uncomfortable for me. Thinking about MX-518, but then came accross this thread on the forum where ppl are complaining about its peeling and rubber melting issues..

Any other suggestions ...??? Its kinda urgent as am using microsoft mouse but not comfortable at all after using Razer CH.. already started getting cramps in my hand ..!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mainly would be gr8 if get the mouse within the range of 1300 than 1500.. also would like to know if anybody is can arrange for MX518's cheap deal.

Audiophi1le

Live eviL
Skilled
Apr 18, 2009
b00gieMan said:
My Razer CH suddenly started acting like def person.. the single click started working as doubleclick.. one of the most common issues with Razer shit mouse.

Anyways, workd for more than a yera.. and disappointed for the quality i got for the premium amount i paid.. but well.. screw it

Looking for a good mouse.. local mouse are uncomfortable for me. Thinking about MX-518, but then came accross this thread on the forum where ppl are complaining about its peeling and rubber melting issues..

Any other suggestions ...??? Its kinda urgent as am using microsoft mouse but not comfortable at all after using Razer CH.. already started getting cramps in my hand ..!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mainly would be gr8 if get the mouse within the range of 1300 than 1500.. also would like to know if anybody is can arrange for MX518's cheap deal.

Intelli Explorer 3.0, Salmosa, Gigabyte laser mouse @ 900, MX 518 is comfortable but recently failure rates have gone up as u said:(

sickizblank

Adept
Jan 10, 2009
Logitech MX518 ~ 1.4k

Microsoft IntelliExplorer 3.0 ~ 1.6k

Get the MX518 IMO.

PS~ Also have a look at the new Steel Series KINZU. I'm not sure about it's price. Must be somewhat around 2k but it's a new mouse and seems good as well.

viralbug

Skilled
Mar 7, 2007
Navi Mumbai
Go for MX518

Don't worry about durability, it will surely last longer than Razer. :p

What really matters is how you use it. No mouse will last long if you torture it.

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
b00gieMan said:

This may be obvious and you may already have tried it. If it's a widely reported problem, companies will do a repair / replacement even a couple of months after the warranty period has expired. You could mail Razer directly and check with them. (Don't go through the dealer where you bought the mouse, he'll want you to buy a new one and not pass on any information.)

Reactions: 1 person

blufox

Adept
Jun 2, 2009
Mountain View, CA
Get a Steelseries Kinzu at introductory price.

Personally, best optical mouse I have used till date.

It holds 498-501MHz better than most mouses I have tested.

HTH

Cu,

b00gieMan

Adept
Jul 19, 2008
Okay, the steelseries and stuffs expensive and i dont wana go for a mouse worth 2k. 2ndly am not the person who tortures his gadgets and specially comp stuffs.. my iball and all worked for more than 3years.. Plus this mouse worked fine till last night.. i mean no issues at all.. whatsoever :S.. it was just like something happened to it in overnights time.. perhaps an "Alien Abduction.. yea alien abducted my Razor Mouse ..! :rofl:

And this Razor was a surprise for me as this happened. The mouse is around a year and half.. do you still think that it'll work with the company? obv, the dealer says no even on the 366th Day (1 day above the warranty period).
whatsinaname said:
This may be obvious and you may already have tried it. If it's a widely reported problem, companies will do a repair / replacement even a couple of months after the warranty period has expired. You could mail Razer directly and check with them. (Don't go through the dealer where you bought the mouse, he'll want you to buy a new one and not pass on any information.)

b00gieMan

Adept
Jul 19, 2008
Okay, Salmosa is 1600 bux but dint like its looks worth the price tag and 2ndly dont know how much that will work, if 3.6k mouse screwed up so soon... so out of the list.. Intelli price am not getting rite now.. guess its late for the market now.. 2ndly Gigabyte Mouse looks attractive and expensive.. but i dont know which one you are talking about @ 900bux. Intelli Xplorer 3.0 is @ 900bux are you sure?

If we narrow down to 2:
Intelli Xplorer 3.0 vs. MX518 = whoz the winner, quality, looks, duaribility wise.

EDIT: Okay a major drawback for salmosa, its for fingertip users and am definitely not one of them.. i need a palm gripper mouse..

ajish65

Patron
Jun 6, 2006
Go for MX518 man. New one costs around 1.4-1.5K I think. There's prolly a couple of threads here selling it for less, I guess. There's also a diamondback for sale somewhere here if I remember correctly. If you're still willing to go with Razer that is. :)

EDIT: Found the diamondback link. :)

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
Nov 4, 2007
Kottayam kerala
MX 518 is really gr8 for the price, as per my experience with many mice ive used.

but the peeling off issue is sure to happen, maybe b/w 1.5~2yrs. But no probs the inner material is hard enuf and durable. just the outer rubber wud peel off nd inner shiny black plastic ill be exposed. but still no probs with gripping or handling, as its its shape which gives gr8 control.

but this damage on MX518 is justifiable as my same old keyboard buttons has scratched off almost completely now....only 20% of buttons have characters now.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod

Audiophi1le

Live eviL
Skilled
Apr 18, 2009
b00gieMan said:
Okay, Salmosa is 1600 bux but dint like its looks worth the price tag and 2ndly dont know how much that will work, if 3.6k mouse screwed up so soon... so out of the list.. Intelli price am not getting rite now.. guess its late for the market now.. 2ndly Gigabyte Mouse looks attractive and expensive.. but i dont know which one you are talking about @ 900bux. Intelli Xplorer 3.0 is @ 900bux are you sure?

If we narrow down to 2:
Intelli Xplorer 3.0 vs. MX518 = whoz the winner, quality, looks, duaribility wise.

EDIT: Okay a major drawback for salmosa, its for fingertip users and am definitely not one of them.. i need a palm gripper mouse..

Gigabyte GM6880 Laser Mouse
Gigabyte GM6880 Laser Mouse ? Lynx-The Electronics & Computer Superstore
Intelli Explorer retails arnd 1.6-1.8k

b00gieMan

Adept
Jul 19, 2008
Okay, guys.. u wont belive wht happened.. THE WAY HOW MY MOUSE ACTED UP JUST IN ONE NIGHT'S TIME.. SAME WAY 2DAY MORNING MY CELL FONE KEYPAD ACTED UP ..!! I AM NOW SRSLY SCARED ABOUT WHTS GOING ON ..! AND NOW SOMETIME BACK MOM SAID THE IRON STARTED GIVING SOME PROBLEM. F*CK SURELY THERE IS SOME ALIEN ABDUCTION OR EVIL SPIRIT SHIT GOING ON ..THIS CANT BE COINCIDENCE :rofl:

Audiophi1le

Live eviL
Skilled
Apr 18, 2009
b00gieMan said:
Okay, guys.. u wont belive wht happened.. THE WAY HOW MY MOUSE ACTED UP JUST IN ONE NIGHT'S TIME.. SAME WAY 2DAY MORNING MY CELL FONE KEYPAD ACTED UP ..!! I AM NOW SRSLY SCARED ABOUT WHTS GOING ON ..! AND NOW SOMETIME BACK MOM SAID THE IRON STARTED GIVING SOME PROBLEM. F*CK SURELY THERE IS SOME ALIEN ABDUCTION OR EVIL SPIRIT SHIT GOING ON ..THIS CANT BE COINCIDENCE :rofl:

Well strange unpredictable stuff bound to happen arnd boogieman:bleh:
U should knw tht

Tron05

Adept
Jun 3, 2008
never heard of gigabyte mouse before!! Are they good?
specs looks good for the gigabyte GM6880 and decent price