Suggest a digital weighing scale for kitchen

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I want to buy a digital weighting scale for kitchen to measure the quantity and volume of various ingredients.

Was looking at products online and most of them seem to be of flimsy quality and carry very less warranty.

Then I came across this manufacturer -> http://www.eaglescales.in/product-category/kitchen
These look to be a good quality and carry a 36 months free service.

I am thinking of going in for the super slim weighing scale. Just wanted to check if anyone has any experience with similar products.

Don't know about kitchen scales but I really need that set of measurement spoons 1tbsp, 1tsp, 1cup and so on ones when I am cooking, yeah I do cook sometimes

I want to buy a digital weighting scale for kitchen to measure the quantity and volume of various ingredients.

Was looking at products online and most of them seem to be of flimsy quality and carry very less warranty.

Then I came across this manufacturer -> http://www.eaglescales.in/product-category/kitchen
These look to be a good quality and carry a 36 months free service.

I am thinking of going in for the super slim weighing scale. Just wanted to check if anyone has any experience with similar products.
Hmm, not heard of this particular model, but on chance was in shop and got this one. Amazon review

Wasn't an online sale, you can find it shops.

Accuracy is 0.5%. +/- 5gm for a kilo or 50-75gm for 10-15Kg.

Advantage it has which i can't see with the eagle is the hold function, can place a box on it covering it completely and it will remember the weight for ten seconds after you remove it.

One year warranty only in india and you got to send it back to tree van drum. Hoping i won't have to do it as these companies have no presence in India to begin with, sellers warnty only. Tested the unit in the shop, hope to make it past the first month and then it should be ok. Quite like it.

Did not end there got this & this too.

Last edited:
The soehnle isn't reliable for weights under 3 gms. Cannot calibrate. Soehnle says this in their faq

minus.gif
The values shown by my scale sometimes vary. What is the tolerance?
Like any measuring instrument, scales can have tolerances.

The tolerance is not more than 3 increments of the actual weight value. The smaller the increments, the lower the possible deviation. In other words, the accuracy variation, in the case of personal scales with a 100 g incremental display, is less than 0.5% in the average body weight range.

For example, digital personal scales have a smaller degree of deviation than analog personal scales, due to the more precise graduations.

minus.gif
Do Soehnle personal scales or kitchen scales bear official calibration stamps?
No. However, they are tested to the same standards as officially stamped scales.

minus.gif
Are calibrated scales more precise?
The precision of a scale has nothing to do with whether the scale is calibrated or not. It’s possible to confuse calibration with adjustment. It is even possible that an uncalibrated scale may show more precise results than a calibrated scale.

The calibration is only an official confirmation of the fact that the tolerance values of the scale are within the legally permitted range. It is mandatory only for retail scales and medical scales. A calibration must be repeated periodically.

minus.gif
Why don’t electronic scales have an adjustment wheel for the “0”-position?
Only analogue scales must be set to “0” with an adjustment wheel. Electronic scales reset to zero automatically. Due to the automatic 0-position, you shouldn’t move electronic scales for 3 minutes prior to weighing.

Speaking about the eagle one, looked at their docs but cannot find any accuracy figures mentioned at all.

All Eagle Weighing Scales have been approved by the Govt. of India, Department of Legal Metrology. What does this mean? Well, it means that every Eagle Weighing Scales has been scrutinized by the Department of Legal Metrology to ensure that the scales are in accordance with the Standard Weights and Measures so you get an accurate reading.

Tolerances are not mentioned. Need to check legislation

Last edited:
You get kitchen weighing scales for 400-600 bucks tops at Nagdevi and loharchawl. I am using one in my shop since the last 4+ years as a portable scale. Get em, chinese made ofcourse.

Back