Monitors Suggest a 27" 1440p 120hz monitor for 25k

ryu_88

Disciple
Hi TE community,

I recently decided to add a second monitor to my desktop setup, so requesting suggestions on good options for a 27" 1440p 120hz monitor. Budget ~25k, can be stretched a little if it's a good choice.

Looking for a brand that doesn't really have issues with dead pixels and etc. and has good after sales/RMA support as well. Color accuracy won't be that important since I don't deal with any artistic/video editing work, but would be great to have. Will mostly be using it for work and gaming

Thanks in advance.

Hi TE community,

I recently decided to add a second monitor to my desktop setup, so requesting suggestions on good options for a 27" 1440p 120hz monitor. Budget ~25k, can be stretched a little if it's a good choice.

Looking for a brand that doesn't really have issues with dead pixels and etc. and has good after sales/RMA support as well. Color accuracy won't be that important since I don't deal with any artistic/video editing work, but would be great to have. Will mostly be using it for work and gaming

Thanks in advance.
Acer XV272U !

Thanks for your suggestions, the Acer definitely looks like a great choice and everyone seems to be raving about it. But one thing on my mind is - how good is Acer after-sales support and RMA experience? This is very important to me and due to this I was looking at LG monitors, specifically the old 27GL850.

The M27Q seems to have issues with blurry text and the new model they released M27Q-P isn't available in India

Thanks for your suggestions, the Acer definitely looks like a great choice and everyone seems to be raving about it. But one thing on my mind is - how good is Acer after-sales support and RMA experience? This is very important to me and due to this I was looking at LG monitors, specifically the old 27GL850.

The M27Q seems to have issues with blurry text and the new model they released M27Q-P isn't available in India
I have the Acer VG240P. Just when the pandemic was gathering steam in early 2020 it died. RMA'd it. Apparently it's only on-site so the guy came to my house with mask and whatnot, checked the issue (My monitor completely died). He filled out the RMA form (got my sign) there and left. Different guy came back in like 5 days with the new replacement monitor. Unboxed it in front of me, set it up verified that it works and took the defective one away. Whole thing was incredibly easy and hassle-free. Didn't have to go to some service centre and wait 30 mins for the guy at the counter to be an asshole to me.
But this was just my experience.

I have the Acer VG240P. Just when the pandemic was gathering steam in early 2020 it died. RMA'd it. Apparently it's only on-site so the guy came to my house with mask and whatnot, checked the issue (My monitor completely died). He filled out the RMA form (got my sign) there and left. Different guy came back in like 5 days with the new replacement monitor. Unboxed it in front of me, set it up verified that it works and took the defective one away. Whole thing was incredibly easy and hassle-free. Didn't have to go to some service centre and wait 30 mins for the guy at the counter to be an asshole to me.
But this was just my experience.
Ah sounds like a great experience, thanks for sharing :)

Ordered this yesterday

Acer Nitro VG271U 27 inch (68.58 cm) IPS WQHD (2560x1440) Gaming Monitor I 144Hz Refresh Rate I 1 MS VSB Response I HDR 400 I 100% sRGB I Eye Care Features https://amzn.eu/d/eMP0MAO

500 off coupon and ICICI card cashback will come to around 20k ...not bad for a 2k monitor and 144hz.

Also there is sale on gigabyte g27f (17.8k)
But it's full hd .

Ordered this yesterday

Acer Nitro VG271U 27 inch (68.58 cm) IPS WQHD (2560x1440) Gaming Monitor I 144Hz Refresh Rate I 1 MS VSB Response I HDR 400 I 100% sRGB I Eye Care Features https://amzn.eu/d/eMP0MAO

500 off coupon and ICICI card cashback will come to around 20k ...not bad for a 2k monitor and 144hz.

Also there is sale on gigabyte g27f (17.8k)
But it's full hd .
Nice deal. Get a stand like this for height adjustment, if needed.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08FFWN9M4/

Nice deal. Get a stand like this for height adjustment, if needed.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08FFWN9M4/
Thanks.
Also thanks for your helpful info in deciding the monitor. I see you have been helping out everyone here with your knowledge on monitors and laptops. Cheers!

Btw I already got that amazon basic monitor vesa stand few months back but kept it at home. This monitor will need to be used as it is .

Also can you say Once i get the monitor ...Any other things I should test it for? other than dead pixel and any flickering in refresh rate.

Thanks.
Also thanks for your helpful info in deciding the monitor. I see you have been helping out everyone here with your knowledge on monitors and laptops. Cheers!

Btw I already got that amazon basic monitor vesa stand few months back but kept it at home. This monitor will need to be used as it is .

Also can you say Once i get the monitor ...Any other things I should test it for? other than dead pixel and any flickering in refresh rate.
Nothing much particularly. I just use it as it is. A white image is good for checking dead pixels.

I’ve had a very bad experience with Acer in the past. Their customer care also sucks and dealers in gwalior we’re not helpful at all. I had dead pixels on arrival and they didn’t honor the warranty and all. Ending up using the monitor as a poster display and bought a viewsonic for slightly higher price but it works rad.

I’ve had a very bad experience with Acer in the past. Their customer care also sucks and dealers in gwalior we’re not helpful at all. I had dead pixels on arrival and they didn’t honor the warranty and all. Ending up using the monitor as a poster display and bought a viewsonic for slightly higher price but it works rad.
There is some amazing experience members here have shared about Acer too.

I myself am little sceptical too but every manufacturer here has both good and bad experiences.

Consumers are at their mercy in our country and these companies are exploiting it like anything. They might even be shipping faulty / low quality manufactured stuff to India which is why many reviews are also complaining of getting dead pixels and backlight bleeding (above normal) . Yes some have been lucky too to get good stuff.

I read on Lenovo monitor reviews on Amazon .....some consumers were complaining that Lenovo was only honoring warranty from the date of manufacture and not date of purchase. I was shocked when I read it. Multinational company with this kind of service towards consumer and they can even get away with that here.

. Europe mein if they try like this I think their laws would put big bamboo inside these companies _____.

Even Viewsonic had some poor experiences from buyers on Amazon India.

sorry to hear about your experience though with Acer ..you have scared me a little now...but thanks for sharing anyways . I guess it all comes to - - Apna Apna Luck phen ke chalo ....:p

Back