Video suggest 42" TV for 50k

Im also in the market for a LCD/Plasma but confused on which is better!
Plasma screens price has come down drastically & they appear VFM now.

Can Plasma screens be used with computers as monitors?

Also, what's the difference between HD ready & full HD?

i have to buy a lcd before this saturday so any help is welcome.

is 53k for LG Jazz 42inch a good deal? is there any other 42inch model which can be bought for the same price range. Also is 32inch preferable or 42inch?

looks like this thread has been hacked!!lol!!

btw just to update guys, I finally bought LG 42PQ60 for Rs. 45,500/-.

I didn't like the brightness that LCDs provide. The color looks much more natural on plasma displays. At least that's what I feel personally.

Didn't like the panasonic S10 as there was dithering on text. No such problems on the LG model. plus this one's cheaper as well by 15K!

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Moshel

i am not making a new thread but i will continue with this one.

i am also planning to buy a 42" tv. Went to vijaya sales today and they have the panasonic c10 for 45k and lg pq30 for 40k.

My budget is strictly 45k. Most of my viewing will be cable with a few movies from the dvd on the weekends. I wont be using the tv to play games or as a monitor at all.

Which model should i go for??

^^As per my eyes, the Panasonics do not have a good SD performance. Even HD performance was just about fine. moreover, I saw lot of dithering on the text on the panasonic, which almost made me cancel my plans for a plasma. But the LG PQ30 really impressed me in all these fronts.

The good points:

1. Text is sharp

2. Colors are natural

3. awesome SD performance

I got the PQ60 but the only difference is that the PQ60 has a single layer design. The service menu on my TV shows PQ30 only.

Everyone sees things differently, best is to demo both and see which one you like better.

i saw both the tvs in the showroom side by side. but i could'nt make out which one is better. so i will rely on other's opinion here.

i have heard the panasonics are really good in plasmas but havent heard about lg.

so which one should i buy?

can i get cheaper prices anywhere else and whats a single layer design on the lg pq60?

The same thing happened to me when I started going out to showrooms, everything looked the same. But this is something like love at first sight. I saw the PQ30 and loved it and even after seeing a 200HZ LCD, I finally decided to go for PQ60 cause my eyes were set on it.

go to brand showrooms to check those out as they create the proper ambiance and settings when they set up the TVs.

Single layer design means that there is a glass covering the complete panel. There is no border on the front side. from top to bottom its covered with glass.

Hi, I bought the lower end PQ30. Ended up paying 38500 for it minus 4k for my old CRT TV. So the final price of 34.5k is a pretty good deal for a 42" TV.

Besides the single layer design of the PQ60, the PQ30 has only 2 HDMI ports to the 3 of the PQ60 and the PQ30 does not support movie playback via USB. However there is a simple hack to enable that option that just involves the use of the remote and nothing else so the main difference is just the extra HDMI port and the frameless design which makes the PQ60 much more sleek. However I was on a budget and hence went with the lower end PQ30 instead.

Back