Succumbed to lust, burnt wallet

agantuk

Skilled
Finally I get to have my own Show Off thread. Nothing fancy as compared to most of the high end stuff here, nevertheless excited about my first 'phoren' purchases :p

Bought the following from Singapore last week. Scaled down to fit the page. Not much of a photographer, and these have been shot in the dark without flash. Just pushing my new FZ 40 :D

Scary part is yet to come - the credit card bill due next month :(

Philips Radio Alarm Clock

1sd33.jpg

CyHxs.jpg

Philips 7" Portable Media Player

nSH9e.jpg

6qmDp.jpg

j7xon.jpg

f5tKq.jpg

WD TV HD Media Player

NXhz8.jpg

yZW9w.jpg

Vy0Z4.jpg

3YDw9.jpg

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40

XECHl.jpg

E5lbH.jpg

pzCyY.jpg

QVecz.jpg

bvskv.jpg

Qmho8.jpg

oe3iW.jpg

Full quality images: Show Off

Thanks :) I almost didn't buy the FZ because the price was working out considerably higher than in the US. But then considering I really have no one ever getting me anything from there, as well as the fact that I was getting an Indian (international) warranty, I went ahead and bought it.

This is my first experience with superzooms, and I am really loving it. Makes shooting far away objects so much easier. Can be a devil too :D

agantuk, Congrats on the purchases!

Panasonic FZ series has some of the best superzooms in the market. REally handy yet capable.

Is that WD TV live or the older version?

If you dont mind me asking, why a Philips portable tv/player? I mean you could have got a pmp/tablet,na?

iaudio said:
agantuk, Congrats on the purchases!
Panasonic FZ series has some of the best superzooms in the market. REally handy yet capable.
Is that WD TV live or the older version?
If you dont mind me asking, why a Philips portable tv/player? I mean you could have got a pmp/tablet,na?
Thanks! I have been zooming in like crazy with the camera, and feel excited everytime I get a clearer view from far. A massive upgrade from my earlier 3X zoom PnS.

I could not get the WD TV Live, this was the only branded option that I got. Not that I got a lot of time for shopping either. The firmware is the latest one, and from what little I read so far, it seems to have the same hardware as the Live, except for the networking chip. However, it does look like this one can be used as a torrent downloader with a USB dongle. Some threads on TE have details.

The Philips portable isn't for me. It is a gift for someone who isn't that tech savvy. I am personally not a big fan of small screen media players, be it this or any tablet.

^ That's thanks to the behind the scenes worker. I bought two FZ40s :) First was for my colleague, at that time I had made up my mind NOT to buy one for myself. Next day I was back at the store for my piece :D

swordfish123 said:
Congrats on the FZ40. Me too planning to get one. PQ is supposedly better than the FZ100.
Thanks! I read the same too, but could not compare as the FZ100 was unavailable for demo.

iaudio said:
agantuk, how much does the fz40 cost?
In the US, it costs around 15.5K with case and a 8GB card. I got it for 21K in Singapore. The prices I was quoted in Malaysia were around the 24.5 K - 25.5 K range.

Congrats on the purchases....but does the Philips Alarm clock keeps time correctly ? I think few ppl in the forum (including me) has one such as this and it does not keep time correctly...

mahistuffs said:
Congrats on the purchases....but does the Philips Alarm clock keeps time correctly ? I think few ppl in the forum (including me) has one such as this and it does not keep time correctly...
Not sure about that. Just bought it because mom thought it looked nice. Not impressed with the loudness of the alarm - it can barely be noticed. I will be putting it to test tonight to see how it works.

Back