[Store Advice] Buying a Panasonic FZ150 online from ColoPhotoShop.com in Mumbai

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy the Panasonic Lumix FZ150, and the only place on the internet that has this is ColoPhotoShop.com, based in Mumbai... I just want to verify the credentials of the store and if I should go for it?

They are quoting Rs.24,200 for the camera, and I believe Panasonic announced the MRP somewhere in the 27K range, so I'm pretty impressed with the pricing. I spoke to someone from their service line and I was told that they would have it in stock on Saturday and I can confirm the stock before I order. The item is listed in the link below:
Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ150 Digital Camera - Colo Photo Shop

Any other suggestions or shall I go for this?

Thanks!
Prav

DSLR CANON EOS 1100D - Colo Photo Shop

Why not go for a DSLR instead? The Canon EOS 1100D seems a better option to me. The only place it lacks is the movie mode with a max resolution of 1280 x 720 v/s the Panasonics 1920 x 1080 pixels.
It costs just a few bucks more - Rs.27,149.
But find out why it's priced differently from :
DSLR CANON EOS 1100D IS - Colo Photo Shop
Both seem to be the same, but are priced differently. I think the website may have wrong info there.

You could also buy if from letsbuy with different freebies - Buy Canon DSLR EOS 1100D With 18-55mm IS II Kit at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Plus you can apply discount coupons on letsbuy and get atleast a Rs.1000 discount.

Looked, but couldn't find the Panasonic in stock anywhere else, sorry.

FZ150 is THE best bridge cam in my personal opinion. I was also gonna buy it last month but it was not available and I couldn't wait any longer. So I bought Sony HX100V for 19.5k - the next best option (again IMO)

iamddevil said:
DSLR CANON EOS 1100D - Colo Photo Shop

Why not go for a DSLR instead? The Canon EOS 1100D seems a better option to me. The only place it lacks is the movie mode with a max resolution of 1280 x 720 v/s the Panasonics 1920 x 1080 pixels.

It costs just a few bucks more - Rs.27,149.

Looked, but couldn't find the Panasonic in stock anywhere else, sorry.

I was looking at DSLRs, just they seem like a lot of work.. LOL... not a good excuse, but I thought I'd rather lug around one large camera than one large camera and one or more lenses (which I WILL be tempted to buy)

Again no excuse, but I thought that a Bridge Ultrazoom is just a lot easier to handle.. LOL...

RVK2488 said:
FZ150 is THE best bridge cam in my personal opinion. I was also gonna buy it last month but it was not available and I couldn't wait any longer. So I bought Sony HX100V for 19.5k - the next best option (again IMO)

So, how does the HX100V do it for you, just asking... I will in all probability go for the FZ150...

BTW, any other mumbaikars out there to vouch for Colo Photo??

I called up ColoPhotoShop and they said they don't have the FZ150 in stock nor do they have any idea when they will get it.

Back