Budget 20-25K Stock Android phones with Dual SIM

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
Please suggest phones both available and upcoming which offer dual SIM and run on stock Android.

I was of the opinion that dual SIM phones are all the rage now but the best available option I could find was Moto G 2014. That is slightly lower on the specs part so is there anything better available?

Since Dual SIM is inherently a money saving feature, I don't think you'd find too many high end phones with it. I believe HTC has a few, but they might be difficult to track down - I've only seen it on their website and not on a retailer's page.

My only gripe with low or mid end phones in the screen quality. I am quiet used to the saturated display of my HTC One X.

I find the Lollypop interface much more polished than the Sense UI and then HTC does not support version upgrades beyond one version so I have no interest in buying those.

I actually want to use dual SIM phone to separate life from work.

My only gripe with low or mid end phones in the screen quality. I am quiet used to the saturated display of my HTC One X.

I find the Lollypop interface much more polished than the Sense UI and then HTC does not support version upgrades beyond one version so I have no interest in buying those.

I actually want to use dual SIM phone to separate life from work.

I'm afraid the Moto G 2014 would be your only option then.

To be honest all I need is call and sms on the second phone. But yes I do not want to carry two devices. If I did I would just buy a 2K worth phone from micromax or something.

Another option is the S3 neo from Samsung. Available for 17.5k from Croma.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6289&idPhone2=4238

All the good features of S3 with a few additions/replacements
- Dual SIM
- 1.5GB of RAM (Will get official kitkat whereas the original S3 is stuck in JB)
- Snapdragon 400 (Same as Moto G 2nd gen - might be a good thing/ bad thing)

Checkout the display quality in a store as you will be moving from IPS to AMOLED. But to me it seems a good alternative to a One X as there wouldn't be too much difference in size, display quality, camera and overall performance.

If you want the best dual SIM from a big ticket brand then its probably the HTC E8 as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Another potential future option: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_duos-6802.php
If Sammy prices this in your price bucket of 20k-25k, then this would also be a good option to consider

Last edited:
Since you haven't mentioned your budget, I will post multiple options:
1. Moto G (2014): It packs good hardware with dual sim & a good resolution screen. Also Android is almost stock.
2. HTC Desire 816G: HTC sense is pretty great & this time apart from launcher, everything is stock including dialer. Costs about 16.5k
3. HTC Desire 820: Yet not officially available in India but is in stores. Has a 64-bit octa core processor, 2GB RAM & 4G LTE in both sims. The only 267ppi 5.5' screen may put you off. Costs about 24k.

EDIT: Missed the budget tag on thead title. It seems Desire 820 is your best bet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the inputs.

I seriously do not like the Samsung phones' design and their UI skin. HTC easily out shines them with classy hardware and that was a major reason why I went with HTC Legend and then the HTC One X. Of course then the HTC Sense was the best UI skin on any Android phone. The default android theme has come a long way since then.

I think the HTC Desire 816G looks like a good option. I was also looking at the Lenovo Vibe X2. Seems like a good phone for the price. What say?

Last edited:
Lollipop with multiple-user-accounts is essential update, the one update I was really waiting for a very long time! After this, I can actually start using my personal email on the phone, so far was forced to use dummy accounts, for fear of the phone falling in the wrong hands.

Lenovo is yet another maker who normally don't bother about existing customers reg updates. X2 may not get Lollipop. Am in the market too, for a dual-SIM, dropped the X2 for the reason; looking at the Redmi Note.

If you are OK, unofficial Lollipop ROM is available in the wild for the X2. X2 is also a wee bit weak on the battery front - 2300mAh powering a 5" 1080p screen.

Officially HTC 816G is replaced by the 820. HTC have confirmed L-upgrade sometime in 2015.

I have considered the HTC but the price differential with Moto G2 is difficult to justify, esp., with the 820! HTC also had service issues with three units in my family.

Thanks for the inputs.

I seriously do not like the Samsung phones' design and their UI skin. HTC easily out shines them with classy hardware and that was a major reason why I went with HTC Legend and then the HTC One X. Of course then the HTC Sense was the best UI skin on any Android phone. The default android theme has come a long way since then.

I think the HTC Desire 816G looks like a good option. I was also looking at the Lenovo Vibe X2. Seems like a good phone for the price. What say?
816G is a good phone for its price. But if you have the budget, go for the 820 instead. You'll get 64bit octa core Qualcomm instead of quad core Mediatek, extra 1GB of RAM, and 4G on both sims. And it is now officially available in India.

Last edited:
I think the HTC one E8 comes with a dual sim version. It is essentially a M8 sans metal body and the love it or hate it duo camera. Great pick, I especially love the dot view case.

Didn't buy yet. So far the choice is between HTC 820 and Moto G2. Currently using a Moto E and am kinda satisfied with it except for the RAM and screen size.

Kept my HTC One X aside for the time being and I already miss its superb design and the screen on it.

Back