Audio Stereo Setup for 40-50k

Parv

Adept
I'm looking to buy a stereo setup (speakers+receiver) for a budget of 40k, might be able to stretch it for 50k.
Currently using MX5021 + M-Audio 2496 plus Audio Technica ATH M50 headphone.
Preferred genre is sufi genre, slow tracks.
Please pour in your suggestions.

addition: I'm planning to use it in living room (away from pc) so if it has a usb option to play audio files (320kbps mp3, flac etc) it would be very nice.

Last edited:
A pair of bookshelf speakers and a marantz or CA amp is the best bet. I suggest you visit a few stores and audition as choice of listening equipment vary wildly based on personal listening preferences.

You can reuse your m-audio card as a source as it is pretty good.

@Chaos thanks, if you can please suggest amp and speaker with model number? I know sound is subjective but say what would you buy for given budget?

OP updated with additional requirement.

@Chaos Can you please give me some pointers with respect to model no. and store locations in Bangalore so that I can visit them for an audition?

@delhiboy1 Thanks, can you also suggest an amplifier based on updated requirements?

Went to Reliance Digital and auditioned Yamaha NS8390 and NS-F160 speakers paired to Yamaha 3067 avr. It was sounding very nice.

But need more store addresses to audition more setups. Thanks

How does Yamaha NS-F160 (MRP Rs.36980) compares to Polk TSX440T (MRP Rs. 39000) or Polk TSX330T (MRP Rs. 30000)?

I've auditioned Yamaha NS-F160 and they sounded nice to me. I've no idea about Polk.

Not great - any of them. For your budget, check the dali zensor with a marantz amp. The good Yamaha worth auditioning is the hs8 but it is active.

@Chaos Thanks, Any particular model of Dali Zensar?
Actually now I'm looking to get an avr for around 35k + a pair of floor standing speakers for around 30-35.

@Chaos Thanks, Any particular model of Dali Zensar?
Actually now I'm looking to get an avr for around 35k + a pair of floor standing speakers for around 30-35.
Zensor 1 or 3 sound the best to me. As for an avr, decide what your priorities are. If it is music, you are better served by a stereo amp. If it is movies, get a receiver. Do be aware though that receivers sound horrible for music.

Problem I'm seeing with the stereo receiver is that I'll need a source as well, as I could not find a stereo receiver with usb input. So I'm leaning towards avr as they have usb input.
Can you suggest me a good avr as well for around 30-35k?
Thanks again.

Problem I'm seeing with the stereo receiver is that I'll need a source as well, as I could not find a stereo receiver with usb input. So I'm leaning towards avr as they have usb input.
Can you suggest me a good avr as well for around 30-35k?
Thanks again.
Look for a marantz pm6005. Afaik it has usb input.

Unfortunately this also doesn't have usb input. Harman kardon 3770 has usb input but then I don't know how good or bad it is? Priced@mrp 40k

That's what I'm planning to do if I've to purchase avr for usb port. But if I get a stereo receiver with usb input than there is no scope of 5.1 anyway.

My budget is 40k, had onkyo 3400 htib, which I sold recently for upgrade. It has 5.1 speaker set plus 2 stereo slots. Can buy these Wharfedale speakers next year or so.

Hoping new onkyo 3700 will have similar arrangement, how good the setup will be for music

Question.

I want good stereo setup for music and good 5.1 for movies. I felt onkyo to be more better for movies than music. So with their 3700 model I wanted to start my setup which has 5.1 speakers.

Later next year wanted to add / replace (front) good two speakers for music only !

Need suggestions.

Any similar setup I can have in 40k ?

Back