Steam Getting BAN in India?

Is Steam working for you?

• Total voters

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Is Steam getting BANNED in INDIA?

1687791840591.png

This will be quite interesting tbh. The apps ban in 2020 is still affecting alot of people but there are no plans to reverse atleast some of the apps that are in demand (aliexpress, shein etc).
Also feel like the news media is voluntarily using steam name for views.

I think, the topic needs change. I use BSNL and ACT+Airtel, have no issues with Steam but yes, I have heard that Steam community and some other things for Steam are not working.

I think, the topic needs change. I use BSNL and ACT+Airtel, have no issues with Steam but yes, I have heard that Steam community and some other things for Steam are not working.
It's working perfectly on airtel. Please share your own experience and not hearsay.

It's working perfectly on airtel. Please share your own experience and not hearsay.
Its not a hearsay (and I do not go by them) but on IVG Forums and Reddit, I did read a lot of users not being able to use the Chat Option or the Steam community option. Games downloads were working for them.
I am not the only one using Steam but have 3 more friends using them, across different Broadband vendors and had there been a issue, I would have know on it. 2 of my friends are in Himachal and BSNL has a deeper reach but no issues reported by them.

The Ram-Ban for all the issues is a Ban!!
Banning is like cutting a round wheel and making it square. Congress govt was like this first. Ban everything and fall behind in everything. Then they found out that foreign companies won't invest in India or Indian stock markets and slowly started lifting the bans. Looks like BJP will also learn everything from scratch.
at least GPU prices will go down, but that would be in vain
It could be that companies would stop selling GPUs here completely because we are a closed market. Doubt the company will spend money and time selling stuff when their main clients are using steam or other foreign companies.

Jio teaming up with Nvidia to stream games?

Can't rule this out. Jio's version of Steam will have chota bheem, astrology, and vaastu games.

in case of total steam ban will we be able to play already downloaded games ?

at least GPU prices will go down, but that would be in vain.

Games should run fine if they are signed in to store progress on their own servers (The ones you log in to Ubisoft, EA, etc app before launching the game) Steam mostly stores your hours logged, payment, rewards, etc.

So i was about to switch to Tata Fiber in Mumbai, but as per news it seems they banned steam too ?
Anyone can confirm if its working or was it just a temporary issue ?

So i was about to switch to Tata Fiber in Mumbai, but as per news it seems they banned steam too ?
Anyone can confirm if its working or was it just a temporary issue ?
I have Tata Fiber in Pune and I can access steam store. Haven't tried with steam desktop application as I'm on my Macbook Pro right now but since the online store works the access through app should also work.

I rarely use STEAM these days since I play exclusively Fortnite on EPIC but this government needs to get their priorities straight.

My friend called me a few days ago as he wasn't being able to access STEAM from his PC and asked me to check on mine, I use Alliance but it seems I wasn't hit with the block. Later it seems his issue was also fixed (He uses Airtel IIRC).

There's worse things in the market which they show a blind eye for a might be cut from the profit shares.

Attachments

• Ye Kya He.jpg
    Ye Kya He.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 75
There's worse things in the market which they show a blind eye for a might be cut from the profit shares.
Nothing wrong with gaming as such. At best, though not preferable, one might have game specific bans but banning steam itself is going too far.
I don't really trust politicians to not do it though, they seem to be control freaks by design. Ban this ban that, dont do this. just do yoga and kirtan ?

And yeah tired of this dream11/rummy/ludo crap. All famous people shamelessly taking money and coming for ads asking people to gamble directly. Youtube ads are so bad.

I rarely use STEAM these days since I play exclusively Fortnite on EPIC but this government needs to get their priorities straight.

My friend called me a few days ago as he wasn't being able to access STEAM from his PC and asked me to check on mine, I use Alliance but it seems I wasn't hit with the block. Later it seems his issue was also fixed (He uses Airtel IIRC).

It sucks that the government has blindly allowed betting apps which has also consumed youth.
The warnings they issue sound like irony similar to those tobacco warnings.

Back