Star Citizen - Discussion Thread

Just saw the whole clip.

Though I understood the gist of what happened I don't like the game itself.

More interested in this bit of EVE becoming a full fledged game -

Yea the gameplay doesn't make much sense to me either but you have to be impressed by the narrative that is generated entirely by player agency. The developers basically give you a sandbox and then you start to see people coming up with politics, grand strategy and battlefield tactics on their own. I do hope some of this will translate to Star Citizen as well.

I'm sure it will. Hopefully the good bits at least.

PS - Upgrade to a Connie Spin!! You KNOW you want to. How can you resist?! She's just so damn BEAUTIFUL!! :p

uPl22o1.jpg

KFNR6JH.jpg

odcQqv0.jpg

yK3YZXJ.jpg

VSq2MoW.jpg

g38dHQF.jpg

It looks so damn good. But I've made up my mind that the Constellation will be the first ship I go for ingame. They mentioned in an update yesterday that variants (and limited editions) of the Stella, Lancer and Hornet were on their way. Will probably pick up an upgrade for my ship when the Freelancer brochure comes around.

I know Spin. Hope you're checking it out.

I can't cos my PC and OS don't meet the min. specs. :(

Hoping that someone will post a "walkthrough" video on youtube at some point. Do let me know what its like and whether you're happy with what you see considering its current state...

I made a video of my Freelancer hangar

It's pre-alpha software without much content so it really is too early to pass judgement on the thing. Youtube videos of all the ships are popping up so you can check those out too. The Freelancer seems rather narrow but that was always known. The Constellation looks the best, but that's obvious and has also been known for a while now. Framerates aren't great but it's unoptimized code and I have an old pc so that also affects things. To be honest it's a cool nugget to see the game we funded making progress but it's really not something to get overly hyped about. Things will be a lot more interesting once they release a playable build.

Wow that was fast! Thanks Spin. Looking good. Not surprised to hear the Connie looks the best.

I'm 99.99% sure you -WILL- cave and upgrade to a Connie before the game finally launches retail. :p

I actually prefer the cheaper hangar - its nice and grungy and I like the ladders etc.

PS - I noticed you couldn't resist the urge to get into the pilot seat and check if MAYBE, by some fluke, you could actually FLY your ship out of the hanger... ;)

Other Ships for those interested -

The 300i, Aurora, and Constellation.

Anvil Hornet and model of Drake Cutlass
[DOUBLEPOST=1377851504][/DOUBLEPOST]Spin, to see how awesome even the "alpha" build looks, go to the thread below and see the images posted by user "Overdoser". They are simply spectacular. Then again, he is running on a dual 680...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/43304/post-your-hangar-pictures-videos-here/p2

Last edited:
Come on Spin, stop pretending!

Your "friend"??!

Really?!

Its so obviously YOUR SC "ALT" ACCOUNT!!!

Not only did you cave and buy the Connie you bought all the other ships too. Way to go!!! I just knew it. Bet there's an Idris tucked away somewhere in there too! :)

BTW, I call dibs on the Connies snub fighter! :p

PS - I hope you checked out the images posted by "Overdoser" I linked in the thread above? They are simply STUNNING.

Do check them out.

Oh, and before I forget - SC has hit the $17 MILLION mark!!!

Last edited:
Yea I checked out the thread. Pretty amazing screenshots. Some dude on the forum imported the Star Citizen assets into the free Cryengine SDK and rendered the ships etc. hovering over the typical Crysis tropical island beach. It looks pretty fantastic too.

I was whining about the Business hangar being the worst of the lot to my friend so to shut me up he gifted me the premium hangar upgrade (which costs $40!). Incredibly generous of him. The premium hangar is much bigger and the first floor view is far better than the business version.

Wow! Thats really nice of him.

Now pester him that the "view" from your "ALT account's" Connie is "not nice" and how you much rather prefer the view from an Idris!

Hey, you never know, you might just get lucky. :p

Here's the view from my new hangar :D

VeRSDEX.jpg

Also Ricky are you following X:Rebirth? It looks pretty amazing to me

Probably won't get a retail release here though.

Sigh. I envy you man. Premium hangar, multiple accounts, a (reported) personal fleet of 13 ships (including a Connie & an Idris in your ALT a/c - don't deny it I have proof - I noticed how you cleverly "edited" out the other ships in your screenie by showing only a tiny portion of your hangar!) and supreme leader of the "Spinmeister Guild" to boot. :p

Been following X-Rebirth on and off for a while now. Have all the "X" games but the only one I have ever played is X2-The Threat. Had close to a 100 hours on it IIRC when I inadvertently did a hdd "image restore" without realizing that I had not backed up my game first! Lost all my progress. :(

Plan to get back to it starting with the very first game in the series and then moving up. A major problem I personally recall with the X series games is you can't simply "drop off" for a week and come back to it (unless you are the kind of player who uses spread sheets etc.) because one tend to lose track of what was going on in your stations, where you ships are headed (and why) etc. Its a nightmare.

I wish you had shown some interest in space sims a couple of years ago. I gifted someone a copy of X2:The Threat but I don't recall who it was and whether they even got around to playing it.

What you can do is download a demo and try it out. I think egosoft has demos for almost all the versions including "rolling demos". Note that X series games are nothing like SC in the sense that they are SP sandbox games - possible closer to how SC might play out on a private server.

Lastly, AFAIK, the only X series game to ever get a retail release in India was X3-Reunion. As they are always released on Steam as well its a non issue...

Last edited:
Well its been less than a week since the Hangar module was launched and SC has garnered another $ Million!

Its now at $18 Million. Stretch goal unlocked explained below -

"For hitting $18 million, you unlock the “exclusive star system for backers.” There’s been some confusion about what exactly this means. To clarify, what it means is that backers that got us to the $18 million goal will have the ability to start their journey in a system that is unavailable to others as a starting point. The only home base hangars there will belong to those that supported us early in the process! It would be immersion-breaking if backers couldn’t eventually share the jump coordinates of the system with other users… but no one else will have the option of starting a character there."

$20 Mill stretch goal announced -

"First person combat on select lawless planets. Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!"

Some store items have also been discounted as backers had complained about high prices for posters etc.

And finally, a shiny, new, in-game wip clip of the Terra landing zone.

Not sure if you saw this Ricky but there's a way to make the hangar run on DX10 hardware instead of requiring a DX11 card - https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...10-1-card-fix-for-black-screen-green-arrow/p1

The min requirement of 8gb is also not enforced right now. The only thing they might actually require is a 64bit OS but I'm not sure about that. You should download the hangar (it's <3gb) and give it a go IMO. It might just run and trust me, youtube videos can't replicate the experience of walking around on your own ship ;)

Back