Storage Solutions ST3500418AS Logical Board Burnt

hemant0285

Disciple
Hi friends I got a Seagate 500gb ST3500418AS HDD..
Because of loose connections the Logical board is dead... some ic s are burnt near the power connector..
Where can I get a new replacable logical board of my drive.. I had loads of iimportant data stored in it..

Pls help
Is it possible to swap the board of ST3250318AS (250 GB HDD) as the board looks almost same only in size and shape...

PLs help...

I dont think it can be done mate. Because i think the firmware of 250gb is different from the firmware of 500gb. Correct me if i am wrong. Moreover look at the model no. The 250gb is a 318AS and the 500gb is a 418AS. And the 250 one is 7200.10 whereas the 500 is 7200.12 . So most probably it wont be compatible....

i think amarbir(Lynx India) use to sell this PCB boards....My 500GB hdd PCB got fried so i contacted him for it and he quoted me rs.750 for it......Contact him at your own risk....

hemant0285 said:
Thanks...anfjavid...
Any other possible solutions to this problem???
Instead of replacing the logical board and continue using it , try to retreive the date in it by amarbir or anyone and get rid of this one.

i think replacing/swapping the same part number/model number PCBs will not solve the issues on the current generation HDDs, as it should match some numbers on the firmware database with plater details.

Back