[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

IIRC poison's name wasn't revealed back then too, right ?
It's described in the prologue chapter of A Clash of Kings.[DOUBLEPOST=1397750471][/DOUBLEPOST]An excerpt from The World of Ice and Fire, a companion book for the series. It's a chapter about Aegon's Conquest. The Unsullied TV viewers can read it too; no spoilers.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/world-of-ice-and-fire-sample/

As if the series wasn't detailed enough, GRRM goes ahead and writes a more detailed companion book :D Is he trying to create a parallel world in his head?

Last edited:
Pretty much all the epic stuff from the books is going to be done by the end of this season. I wonder what they will do with the next couple of seasons... maybe if the new book comes out then parts of those will also get incorporated into the coming seasons.

I know I'm being unreasonable but nothing really happened in the 3rd episode. Hope it is the silence before the storm. Well, it better be!:p

Finished "A Feast for Crows". Started "A Dance with Dragons".

One thing I loved about Feast for Crows:

It was such a treat watching Cersei get imprisoned. When you look back at everything she did, she thought she was being really clever all along when she was actually being incredibly stupid.

Also, hated the fact that Catelyn hanged Brienne. I hope she hasn't actually died yet and returns in a Dance with Dragons.

Overall, feast for crows was inferior to the other books, but still a great read!

Reading a Dance with Dragons and watching Season 4 at the same time. Season 4 so far is mindblowing!

When you read the books and watch the show at the same time, you fully realize the strengths and weaknesses of each medium. For example:

The assault on Meereen as I remember it in the book wasn't that interesting... in fact I think that it was described by Daenerys only after it happened. But on the show, it was absolutely epic! I re-watched that single scene about five times.

OTOH, some great things about the book could never be replicated in the show. For example, you could never describe Tyrion's feelings about Tysha in the show, because it all happens in his head. I think that's why they converted Shae into a real character to replace Tysha, rather than her being just a whore

The TV series showrunners ruined this scene completely. Three seasons of Jaime's character development in the drain.

The final minutes of the last episode were a treat for all book readers. A bit confusing though. Complete surprise since the PoV chapters don't cover that.

They've also diverted the Bran storyline significantly. The leaves are only going to fall further from the tree now. Such a disappointment.

Back