[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

One thing that really bugs me is whether Robb knew that Jaime was captured again and being held in custody at Harrenhall? How come not even a bit of the information about Jamie's capture, and then subsequent free release reached Robb's ear "ever"(thus giving him a hint of Roose's betrayal)?

I think Roose Bolton has already switched sides to Lannisters by the time Jamie reached Harrenhall. This is the reason why he asked him to tell Tywin that he(Roose) played no part in Jamie's maiming. An event as big as this can't be kept hushed(also Jamie used to roam nearly freely in Harrenhall anyway to come to notice for all the guards). Surely one of the northmen would have communicated this information to Robb ever before the Red Wedding?
@blkrb0t , @teracore ?

Is it a bad thing that my favourite character from the series is Ros?:p
RIP (.) (.) ? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,even in the Novels . It was said that the Honorable will die and so is what happened with the Starks. Just want to know what will John snow do and how will the Mother of the Dragons shape up the future. I think the characters with develop further and change their motives with time. I am banking on Tywin and Jamie a lot.

Sorry for the Spoilers,if there were any.

Half way through book 5 right now. No spoilers, but book 3 ends amazingly well. I'm quite shocked they didn't cover the entire book 3 in season 3 of the tv show. I suppose it was too much to cover considering the events at the end of book 3.

Or perhaps because book 4 sucked so bad, they had to balance events :/

Book 4 is one of the best. It introduces all new characters. Most people get used to the main characters and find it difficult to get acquainted with the new story lines; hence the hate. Moreover, the initial hate was because people had to wait 6 years in between Book 4 and 5. Someone who reads this today shouldn't have that problem. Both Book 4 and 5 are supposed to be one and run concurrently, but are just split along different regions.

Started Reading book 4. Third one is so amazing man.

@Blkrbot- True one of those who had waited was complaining about it. He's even more pissed cause GRRM is now involved with the show too and has two more books to write :|

He's not going to write any faster just by locking himself in a room. It's a creative process and takes time to write quality material.

Book 4 is one of the best. It introduces all new characters. Most people get used to the main characters and find it difficult to get acquainted with the new story lines; hence the hate. Moreover, the initial hate was because people had to wait 6 years in between Book 4 and 5. Someone who reads this today shouldn't have that problem. Both Book 4 and 5 are supposed to be one and run concurrently, but are just split along different regions.

Meh I'm not that mad and I understand why some people would be mad, I mean ...
People had to wait 5 agonising years to find out about Bran, Tyrion and Danerys. Then find nothing except a sorry page at the end of book 4, a promise for book 5 in a year but instead an even longer 6 year wait for book 5. Even the silly HL3 memes pale next to this.

That said, I think GRRM is biting off more than he can chew with book 4 and book 5. What was the need to write so many fresh characters and story lines? Hes making a lot of knots that only he will struggle to untie with the 7th and 8th book. I'm actually quite worried that I'll have to wait another 10 years to see this story through lol.

You'll have to wait until 2019 for the conclusion. With GRRM, you can never know. He might even push it down a few years.

The show creators are considering the cut a significant amount of material from next season. They've already cut a lot in the 3rd. With the show catching up, GRRM might at least feel motivated to complete it sooner this time around.

I did not like Book 4.
Too many boring POV chapters(Brienne, Samwell, Aeron Greyjoy.etc)
Book 5 was great though. Cannot wait for TWOW, i hope Jon Snow lives and that piece of sh1t littlefinger dies. ;)

Back