Split AC pipe length query

anirudh

Adept
hi,

The pipe length between my indoor and outdoor would be 27m (horizental 20m n vertical 7m). will i get proper cooling ?

help me.....

What make and model is this split unit? As the above poster mentioned, refer the manual for what it mentions on using longer refrigerant lines.

Here's what the Carrier manual specifies for the splits we used onboard our previous ship:

1.png

They also mentioned this on a later page:

2.png

Which AC is it? Different ACs have different limits. Panasonic inverters list the max length to be 15m (5m vertical), while Daikin inverters are 30m.

That information barely helps! Anyways, here is a link wherein you could download the manuals for the non-inverter models.

I tried downloading one and it had this information concerning distance between the ODU and IDU:

1.png

You could try that link and see if it has the manuals for the model that you have at the moment. Just curious but why is the distance (27 m ) so large between the units? Due to the backpressure of the refrigerant over such a large distance, it may not travel back to the compressor quickly which may cause a drop in the cooling efficiency. That's my best guess!

Back