Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

I trird root it and then I was not able to root it. But now the mobile screen dont get on when I unlock the phone. So Now again installed CSL 2.3.4 . Lets see will it work fine

Every mobile(from any manufacture) have one or other problem, But If this would have been a samsung/HTC then our mind itself is confident that there will not be any problem, but in the case of Spice our mind is not clear

Hello All...just joined this community. Got my mi410 3 weeks back. Find it to be a pretty decent device....its no Galaxy S2 but is formidable in its own standing....Thanks to this forum heres all that i have tried with my device till now...

1. CSL 2.3.4 firmware.....Led to Camera Black Screen issue....cudnt resolve it no matter what I tried

2. So i flashed Cherry 2.3.4 with SUT....and that works perfectly fine.....no major reeboots or freezes....

3. Next in line was a ROOT.....i want to do SetCPU and remove bloatware to drove more juice from battery....JuiceDefender Ultimate is pushing it to 20 hrs a day....but i am sure CPU tuning will gimme more...

However here lies my problem....i cant root...cant even move Superuser.apk, busybox and su to their required locations cuz i cant get to the location...

Heres a summary...tell me what I'm doing wrong...I know many ppl hv successfully rooted...just need to know the part i'm doing wrong...

- USB Debuggin enabled on device.

- Successfully go to DOwnload Mode.

- Ubuntu LIve 11.04 CD Boot

- sudo -s runs fine

- sudo nautilus throws error 255 the first time...cannot connect to netshare something...

- i close Nautilus and terminal client..

- redo above steps and no errors this time...

- device in download mode...i connect via USB...

- Here is where I'm stuck....when i plug in the device via usb nothing happens...no new folders/windows show up...all i see is the Ubuntu filesystem in the nautilus window...dunno where to move the files.....and go with the next steps...

Guys...just to point out...i am still a beginner/intermediate with this ....so i may be missing something very silly....please help me Root this thing....

Thanks in Advance....

Mi-410 is a great phone. Built quality is good - great screens (4.1 inch capacitive touchscreen). Its GPS (With assisted GPS) works promptly and accurately.

Deathbearer said:
I Have Started Experiencing Black Camera Problem Too :( But It Happens Randomly

I am on stock Spice 2.2 rooted.
I had this problem.
got service centre adress from saholic,
Went to spice service centre.
waited for 1 hour for my turm, then it suddenly started working perfectly.........
Returned home, cos i didnt want to wait for 30 min more.....
Now its working perfectly......

One thing more..... after lots of apps install ,
Mine shows free memory of 130- 160 only after killing all app. any clue ???

dr_jimit said:
One thing more..... after lots of apps install ,

Mine shows free memory of 130- 160 only after killing all app. any clue ???

Even mine shows the same, but then I have many apps running in the background like Date in Tray, Smart Task Switcher, 3D weather, Circular Battery Widget and what not. so coming to the point if you have apps running in the background and if it shows this much memory then no worries, android manages RAM (Memory) by itself, but if just by installing apps your RAM memory is getting reduced then you need to check the background services... most annoying of them are Stock, Weather, RSS and others, check for them...

sajokj said:
Every mobile(from any manufacture) have one or other problem, But If this would have been a samsung/HTC then our mind itself is confident that there will not be any problem, but in the case of Spice our mind is not clear
A Device Failing Within 15 Days Of Purchase........ Is Not Much Of A Confidence Builder Is It?:S

Also Now The Camera Has Stopped Working Completely

Battery problem is the most challenging task for the handset manufacturers. Sometime back my bro in law got a HTC desire from customs. All went ga ga over a spectacular piece of design. But soon well all turned to horror when he came across with just four hours of battery life with android in its full glory. So much so that he became instantly irritated with the continuous charging.

Point is I had a somewhat experience recently with 410. But the best part is...for a few days I was using BSNL minus the 3G signal. I was getting a reasonable good battery life of one and a half days. Today with the 3.5 G activated, the battery died on me towards the end of the day. So for all the 3G speeds are going to consume battery. I am now using the widget data enabler. Its more of a shortcut app. But disabling data access in Mobile network settings does save lots and lots of battery juice.

The speaker, headset, all volume is pathetic in outdoors. I hope members will concur. Else that means I have a defective piece.
Basically the problem is out door use is below par. I am now planning to purchase a good quality bluetooth headset, which might mitigate the problem...any guides on a specific model....
thanks in advance.

The RAM PUZZLE

To all the guys wondering where there ram has gone I.e. "only 350"mb. The missing ram is used by the hardware -the GPS, accelerometer,compass, wifi, other radios. Etc.there will always be such cases of missing ram unless the manufacturer includes extra ram for the hardware.

amsang said:
Battery problem is the most challenging task for the handset manufacturers. Sometime back my bro in law got a HTC desire from customs. All went ga ga over a spectacular piece of design. But soon well all turned to horror when he came across with just four hours of battery life with android in its full glory. So much so that he became instantly irritated with the continuous charging.

Point is I had a somewhat experience recently with 410. But the best part is...for a few days I was using BSNL minus the 3G signal. I was getting a reasonable good battery life of one and a half days. Today with the 3.5 G activated, the battery died on me towards the end of the day. So for all the 3G speeds are going to consume battery. I am now using the widget data enabler. Its more of a shortcut app. But disabling data access in Mobile network settings does save lots and lots of battery juice.

The speaker, headset, all volume is pathetic in outdoors. I hope members will concur. Else that means I have a defective piece.
Basically the problem is out door use is below par. I am now planning to purchase a good quality bluetooth headset, which might mitigate the problem...any guides on a specific model....
thanks in advance.
before to try for Bluetooth headset..... go for good head, at least check once, as I am using it a lot that also outside.... and I am exceptionally happy with performance .... give one try..

How to view Gujarati fonts in Browser, Facebook, mails etc. in this phone ???
I hve a lot of things to read in gujarati, I think all of gujarati in web is now Unicode ( if i m not wrong )(?UTF-8??)

Please some 1 reply. Change to unicode in browser setting doesnt show gujarati.Only square boxes/.........

Back