Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

I wonder if spice and/or all the brands involved with this handset will offer upgrade ability to android 2.3.... if not and custom roms for uncommon brands is also gonna be difficult ,

im seriously stuck between this and HTC desire, which is also going for Rs15k @ saholic (I first though it was type or listed incorrectly :p ). now the sad bit is that HTC had prmoised android 2.3 for desire in feb , however their Facebook page announced today that they wont be able to do the upgrade as it will compromise HTC Sense(less) experience. :(

now we dont give 2 hoots abt all the bells and whistles in 2.3 , but many reviews have showed that it improves the performance in general and specifically battery ...which makes it almost 'must have' because android is known to be a leech for 'whichever-ion' battery we have in the phone.

Can anyone throw some light on android upgrade options on HTC desire and/or Mi410 aka..etc etc?? More so if anyone has tried custom roms of gingerbread on HTC desire?

akitosforever said:
I wonder if spice and/or all the brands involved with this handset will offer upgrade ability to android 2.3.... if not and custom roms for uncommon brands is also gonna be difficult ,

im seriously stuck between this and HTC desire, which is also going for Rs15k @ saholic (I first though it was type or listed incorrectly :p ). now the sad bit is that HTC had prmoised android 2.3 for desire in feb , however their Facebook page announced today that they wont be able to do the upgrade as it will compromise HTC Sense(less) experience. :(

now we dont give 2 hoots abt all the bells and whistles in 2.3 , but many reviews have showed that it improves the performance in general and specifically battery ...which makes it almost 'must have' because android is known to be a leech for 'whichever-ion' battery we have in the phone.

Can anyone throw some light on android upgrade options on HTC desire and/or Mi410 aka..etc etc?? More so if anyone has tried custom roms of gingerbread on HTC desire?

HTC Desire does not have a Front Camera, But A Solid Build Quality & Sense

Those who have this phone ... is the Rom version 2.2.2 or still on 2.2.1 ???

And still no availibility in Hyderabad ... Checked with 3 Spice Hotspots :( They all say next week, week after week.

manish_bhaumik said:
HVGA = 480x320

WVGA = 800x480

Since 800 x 480 is the known resolution for the Mi 410, it is concluded that the display is HVGA only. Am sure the spice page mentions it wrongly.
u mean WVGA i suppose !

Went to a Hotspot today......the guy had to arrange the piece from his warehouse, he said its not an open piece hence cant get the touch n feel....some smooth talkin ...and I was using the handset in sometime...

Now the best bit is that , I told him about saholic discount code of 5% and saholic being spice setup as well, why could not he arrange it . He checked with someone over the phone and after sometime he told that I could get it @ saholic price from the shop ( after 5% price ) i.e. Rs13399, moreover anyone interested in EMI can also do that with a processing fee of 299 .

so:

Final Price after converting to 6 EMIs option = 13599/- . ( IMO , the it can get more VFM than this)

I was quite bent on buying, but wanted seal packed since I wish to gift it, but he told that it wud not be possible today (I went @ 21:20), so may be tommorrow I will go and buy..

My only and only concern is android upgrade-ability to gingerbread ...with olive having no concrete date of launch, ....does any one have any idea if ROMs wil be available for this one...??

akitosforever said:
Went to a Hotspot today......the guy had to arrange the piece from his warehouse, he said its not an open piece hence cant get the touch n feel....some smooth talkin ...and I was using the handset in sometime...

Now the best bit is that , I told him about saholic discount code of 5% and saholic being spice setup as well, why could not he arrange it . He checked with someone over the phone and after sometime he told that I could get it @ saholic price from the shop ( after 5% price ) i.e. Rs13399, moreover anyone interested in EMI can also do that with a processing fee of 299 .

so:

Final Price after converting to 6 EMIs option = 13599/- . ( IMO , the it can get more VFM than this)

I was quite bent on buying, but wanted seal packed since I wish to gift it, but he told that it wud not be possible today (I went @ 21:20), so may be tommorrow I will go and buy..

My only and only concern is android upgrade-ability to gingerbread ...with olive having no concrete date of launch, ....does any one have any idea if ROMs wil be available for this one...??
In which city are you talking about? here it is still not available in my city :(

It comes with 2.2.2. They did say it was upgradable but I won't be holding my breath. Most likely bet would be cherry mobile. Took some video clips yesterday. Will put it later.

Mi 410 owners,
I know that its a Huawei X6 rebranded and the X6 has a WVGA screen with 16M colors.

But the Spice's website says its a HVGA screen and there are rumors that its a 262K color screen

Can anyone please confirm the stats about the screen. I am planning to buy the phone in a couple of days and your inputs will be greatly appreciated since there is not much info online reg. this.

Also how good is the sensitivity and color reproduction of the touch screen?
Spice Mobile

TIA:)

DarkAngel said:
Mi 410 owners,
I know that its a Huawei X6 rebranded and the X6 has a WVGA screen with 16M colors.

But the Spice's website says its a HVGA screen and there are rumors that its a 262K color screen

Can anyone please confirm the stats about the screen. I am planning to buy the phone in a couple of days and your inputs will be greatly appreciated since there is not much info online reg. this.

Also how good is the sensitivity and color reproduction of the touch screen?
Spice Mobile

TIA:)
Mate.

I remember u were in tvm r8?. So u getting it from tvm or chennai?

You may be right dude as Spice CSL MI 410 comes with WVGA dispay, it may be that spice MI410 also come with same. there must be mistake by spice......

for reference find image

re6xmqkjmg.jpg

@Voila --> The phone does not have 16M color (not that i own the phone).

The 720p recording is a little choppy/jerky as per the youtube videos from the /Cherry Magnum HD/ Wellcom A99 and the Ideos x5. Waiting for st00pfie to post some videos of the Spice model though but I doubt there will be any difference.

At last it was available in Hyderbad yesterday. The shopkeeper did not allow me to open it, nor could he offer me a price of 13299 inspite of many "smooth talking attempts" :cool2:

I guess if I decide to get it will have to get it online only.

The phone was in a ultra crappy, ultra small cheap looking box too. The picture in the box showed Spice written on the front face of the phone, but as per the pics by st00pfie it doesnt seem to be there on the actual phone. The color was also written brown but St00pfie's pics indicate it is black(ish). Also the contents show it doesnt have a USB cable and SD card bundled. The sticker said it was made in Feb 2011 and Imported in March 2011.

St00pfie or some other owner, can you please confirm that your box also says the same, the actual color of the phone and no spice logo on the front ? Asking for the date because I want to check if the Feb 2011 piece is the one having Froyo 2.2.2 (coz there is a good stability and battery life improvement against 2.2.1 for at least the Welcomm A99 and Cherry Magnum users).

manish_bhaumik said:
@Voila --> The phone does not have 16M color (not that i own the phone).

The 720p recording is a little choppy/jerky as per the youtube videos from the /Cherry Magnum HD/ Wellcom A99 and the Ideos x5. Waiting for st00pfie to post some videos of the Spice model though but I doubt there will be any difference.

At last it was available in Hyderbad yesterday. The shopkeeper did not allow me to open it, nor could he offer me a price of 13299 inspite of many "smooth talking attempts" :cool2:

I guess if I decide to get it will have to get it online only.

The phone was in a ultra crappy, ultra small cheap looking box too. The picture in the box showed Spice written on the front face of the phone, but as per the pics by st00pfie it doesnt seem to be there on the actual phone. The color was also written brown but St00pfie's pics indicate it is black(ish). Also the contents show it doesnt have a USB cable and SD card bundled. The sticker said it was made in Feb 2011 and Imported in March 2011.

St00pfie or some other owner, can you please confirm that your box also says the same, the actual color of the phone and no spice logo on the front ? Asking for the date because I want to check if the Feb 2011 piece is the one having Froyo 2.2.2 (coz there is a good stability and battery life improvement against 2.2.1 for at least the Welcomm A99 and Cherry Magnum users).

I was disappointed with the box as well.....but I had already factored in that this phone is manufactured by one company and probably distributed by 5-6 ( I think Moto is also in the league now).....so a unique market positioning is probably high expectations from this phone. or may be u were simply expecting a decent box...which is not too much to ask.

Screen HVGA or WVGA can be a deal breaker or maker for a lot of people.....Im not sure , hw it was to be checked? If any one can tell I will prbbly go for a revisit and check ......

Also the sales guys there clearly told me that there is no mem that comes along (dint check the box there on) .....does the box say otherwise in your case?

As for the price may be I was lucky that he agreed for 13299 (possibly he dint meet his sales target for the day, or may be attended a recent training on customer delight :p )

Also as I mentioned before any news on the rom support for this , I have found this so far :

http://android4u.x10.mx/2011/06/custom-rom-for-wellcomm-a99spice-mi410-or-huawei-x6-or-variants/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=custom-rom-for-wellcomm-a99spice-mi410-or-huawei-x6-or-variants

Back