Speed Post FTW!

speed post is atleast consistent. other courier services namely gati, delhivery are anything but consistent . some items reach within a gap of a day , some take more than 3 weeks even thought the origin and destination was the same as last time. (bangalore to mumbai).
speed post at max takes 3 to 4 days for delivery regardless wherever its being sent within india to mumbai.

only negative is they dont retry to deliver, if you are not available when the delivery arrives, you would need to go to the Post office to collect the items.

I avoided SpeedPost mainly due to the staff who used to make me sign all kinds of NOCs and forms (which were unnecessary).

Today I shipped one order to Nagaland via Speed Post since every other courier was charging a bomb. This time, the experience was better and comparable to that to a courier office.

TL;DR, going to use SpeedPost more often. And yes, coverage wise SpeedPost is the best. :D

atleast good in mumbai. cant say for the whole of india

SP earned my respect first more than a decade back for their very impressive service i had experienced in Nagpur. they had/have a dedicated office/centre for speed post there which remains open for 24 hrs. haven't found or know anything of that sort at Thane/Mumbai, though service remains very good.

SP earned my respect first more than a decade back for their very impressive service i had experienced in Nagpur. they had/have a dedicated office/centre for speed post there which remains open for 24 hrs. haven't found or know anything of that sort at Thane/Mumbai, though service remains very good.
One near Morris College, RBI square? Yep its awesome :D

One near Morris College, RBI square? Yep its awesome :D

:)
yes, somewhere around there, i think between the old & used books bazaar ahead of Sitabuldi and Zero Mile before RBI sqr.
don't clearly remember now, and the name 'Morris college' too took a while to ring just an extremely faint bell. :rolleyes:

Are electronic items 'safe' when shipped through speedpost ? By safe I mean are there any checks / x-rays that can detect / damage a graphics card in the parcel. Assume its packed very nicely.

They are safe. Pack them nicely and make sure they accept it. In most case they deny electronic items if you tell truth.

Back