Audio Speakers For 20K.

dhawald3

Disciple
Hi there I want to buy Speakers for strictly within 20K.

Will be primarily used with PC for music and movies.

I am confused whether to go for a 5.1 system or a Hi end Stereo giving me good Sound quality.

How are the logitech Z5500
or edifier S550.

or can I be better of buying a HTIB, I am concerned more about music Quality and I am not bass junkie.

and will I need to buy a sound card?
please help.

edifier s550 definitely, its amazing with very lovely sound I am proud to be an s550 owner.Also please buy a good soundcard like xonar dx or above.

logitech speakers are crap and z5500 is one of the worst speakers in market.

If you more concerned about music also look at edifier s730.its 2.1 but comes with optical inputs and more watts.

You could check out the Audioengines which are available at that price range , if they are still in stock

manu george said:
edifier s550 definitely, its amazing with very lovely sound I am proud to be an s550 owner.Also please buy a good soundcard like xonar dx or above.
logitech speakers are crap and z5500 is one of the worst speakers in market.
If you more concerned about music also look at edifier s730.its 2.1 but comes with optical inputs and more watts.
+1, Also if u are more into music so have a luk at Audio Engine A5. Logitech's speakers are pure shit when it comes to sound quality, but it's very gud in quantity:bleh:

I thought i read somewhere that there is an ongoing GO for HTS3300 (onkyo) at hifivision !!

if 20K is your Budget ! dont you dare Miss it ! for get S550 and Z550. these are great for 20K ! ( even 25K )

Logitech Z5500 is definitely not that bad. They are OK for the budget. If you have a chance hear them out and decide. More over logitech provides 2 years replacement warranty which is very good.

abhi_jollyguy said:
+1, Also if u are more into music so have a luk at Audio Engine A5. Logitech's speakers are pure shit when it comes to sound quality, but it's very gud in quantity:bleh:
Since this is my first good speaker purchase I would go for a 5.1 setup rather than a hi fi stereo, that will give me surround for movies too,out of which I will choose the one which is good for music too.

As the edifier is not having digital inputs as compared to logitech what all will I be missing.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also how much does onkyo HTS3300 cost and how will it go with a PC.
Will I need a sound card with it then??

No you wont need a sound card.

you just have to provide it with an SPDI/F input ( optical /coax )

you might need a card for that. nowadays its cheap will cost you around 1-1.5K

I am sure you will enjoy the HTS 3300

Please to everyones notice Z5500's arent shitty at all in your terms. I find them right at 15K budget !! No offence !! When plugged with a Optical, It sounds good on HD movies with 5.1 Surround track !! But may be at 20K you can settle down on something !! But you can use the remaining cash getting a decent audio card !!

AS i have said and Will say it once mOre, IF you have 20K Spend it all !!( even more if you can :p )

for a 20 K budget, ZZ5500are not worth it !! , i am not saying they are bad i am just saying there are better options !

i love my Z5500 but i am not a fanboy to suggest them blindly, at 20 K budget! , yeah May be at 15 /16 K they are worth it !!but not at 20K !

so stop suggesting Z5500 people !

^ +1 for views of strategy. A5 are about 350$ and Swans (MKiii) are about 400$. But there is HUGE difference between the two. If you can somehow get the MKiii, get it with eyes closed. As has been already described at Head-Fi, Swans blow A5 out of water. And i reckon that if A5 is Honda Accord, Swans are like Mercedes C class.

if you are looking for a speaker package for your pc then s550 is the best option.onkyo hts series are good for movies but they are not best in music.but they comes with av receiver.amplifier distortion of onkyo is only o.2 while both s550 and z5500 having 10%.hts 3300 also comes with dolby true hd and dts hd

OK if I go with the S550 how much will I need to spend on a sound card that will do these speakers justice.
Which of the models from creative or asus are suitable?

Back