Graphic Cards Sparkle 8600GT (256 MB, GDDR3) heat & noise questions

I am getting a sparkle 8600gt (256 MB, GDDR3) for the simple reason that it is probably the only GDDR3 version available in my city besides xfx. Anyway, i want to know if it has any excessive heat or fan noise issues assuming it is not the passively cooled version.

The card looks ok to me, no heat problems :hap2: though xfx card has some heat problems :mad: enjoy it buddy even cheaper to xfx one i think :eek:hyeah: go with it..........

roboghost said:
XFX cards heats a lot too ,i had the 256MB DDR3 version and it ran 70 even on idle

Are you sure your cabby was ventilated properly?

My DDR3 XFX 8600GT never ever crosses 63 while idling and 75 at load.

xxmjxx said:
The card looks ok to me, no heat problems :hap2: though xfx card has some heat problems :mad: enjoy it buddy even cheaper to xfx one i think :eek:hyeah: go with it..........

Good to know that there is no heat problems with this card :hap2: . Any loud fan issues?

@ WingZero: I called up the only dealer for mercury gfx that i could find but he couldn't confirm whether he has the GDDR2 or GDDR3 version. But he said it cost 2100/- + tax so I guess, its the GDDR2 ver.

Hi,

I would suggest to try ZOTAC Cards, It have a good cooler as well as 5 Years Extended warranty and now available every where in India.

Best Regards,

andysmith45 said:
Good to know that there is no heat problems with this card :hap2: . Any loud fan issues?

@ WingZero: I called up the only dealer for mercury gfx that i could find but he couldn't confirm whether he has the GDDR2 or GDDR3 version. But he said it cost 2100/- + tax so I guess, its the GDDR2 ver.

nah i dont think their any loud fand as you are saying that this is the only gddr3 card avaliable on ur site other to xfx as this card is cheap and have no known issues :p i recommend you to purchase and give your own reviews on it looks go to me though enjoy buddy :hap2:

I went to get the sparkle gfx today but they didn't have it in stock n they don't know when they r going to get it. But they do have the mercury 8600GT (256 MB, GDDR3) for 4.8k. The sparkle costs 4.6k. I went to another shop and they had both XFX and Mercury 8600GT (256 MB, GDDR3). At least, I hope so since they just check their price list. The manager wasn't there and his female assistant insisted that both XFX n mercury cost the same i.e 5.2k. On the price list, the XFX model was listed as PV-T84J-U1D4-Fa. I don't know if its the same one as this model on newegg;
Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JU1D4 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

which comes with a passive cooling. Assuming that the model available in the shop is indeed the same one as on newegg, do u think it will overheat? I need to be sure on this. Of course, If I can get mercury for <3.5k, I may just go for it.

thats Fatal1ty edition mann .

it is supposed to have better heatsink and better heat dessipation ..........due to passive fin cooling.

if u still are doutfull conect a 80mm or other size fan over it using ties:cool2:

sudarshan2884 said:
thats Fatal1ty edition mann .

it is supposed to have better heatsink and better heat dessipation ..........due to passive fin cooling.

if u still are doutfull conect a 80mm or other size fan over it using ties:cool2:

That's great news :clap: . I think I'll get it. Hopefully, it will be in stock. Just one more thing, since this is a higher clock 8600gt, is my powersafe 500W psu with 18A on the +12V rail sufficient?

get XFX one, it supports Solid Capacitor - good for OC.
70 degree at load isnt an issue, GPU's are rated over 100 degree..
Get XFX, & enjoy gaming!

Back