Soundcard: Auzentech HDA X-plosion 7.1 DTS Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

aElien

Disciple
I have used it till April end, 09

had purchased from burnz in April 08

burnz had got it new from KMD in Sept 07.

Selling because I gave away rig to my little cousin, heading abroad for studies and need money for Transcend e-Sata case

Card is in excellent working condition. No warranty. Lost outer box which had the warranty sticker from KMD. The back panel used to be shining, has become dull cos Ive never made an attempt to clean it :ashamed:

But the baby works like a charm.

Asking for Rs [strike]2499.00[/strike] [strike]2299.00[/strike] 1999.00 includes shipping(land).

edit: looking for quick sale.

p_pic01_cover_connect.jpg

burnz said:
Technical Specifications

* Brand: AuzenTech

* Model: XPlosion 7.1

Audio core

* Audio Chipset: C-Media CMI8770

* Channels: 7.1

* Sample Rate: 96Khz

* Digital Audio: 24-Bit

Ports

* Line In: Yes

* Line Out: Front/Rear/Center/Subwoofer/Rear Center

* SPDIF Out: Optical and Coaxial

* MIDI/Joystick: No

* CD/Aux In: No

* Interface: PCI

Package Contents

* HDA X-PLOSION 7.1 DTS Connect Audio Card

* MPC to MPC(2pin-2pin) CD S/PDIF audio cable

* TOSLINK fiber optic digital cable

* Driver Disk

* warranty card

* owner's manual

have a closer look:

^^ Do not crap his Sale ..any low balling or negotiations you do ..keep it to PM !

freshseasons1 said:
Hello
Can you please make it 2K shipped. :) Please.

:-|

@Vista driver concerns:
Dudes I havent tried this with Vista, Official drivers do exist for 32bit, not sure about 64bit. But it has given problems to a few people. the Xp drivers work on Vista but a certain feature called SPDIF passthrough has not worked for some folks. My guess is the card should work on Vista just fine, but i cannot give you my word for it, and cant test it either cos I dont have a rig :(

But a little something I retrieved from hardforum.com:
etc6849 said:
There are vista drivers on the manufacturer site now. I had trouble with the installer, but once I updated vista with autopatcher May 2007 it installed perfectly. I can even output regular mp3 stereo using either digital format and my rx says dolby digital EX or DTS ES! Just remember to:

1. Completely uninstall the drivers for all current soundcards including the X-Plosion. Also all other cards besides the xplosion need disabled or physically uninstalled.
2. Then, download and install Autopatcher May 2007 for vista or run windows update.
3. Next, download and install http://www.auzentech.com/data/PCI8768-FULL-03_0716.zip
4. Enable the analog portion of the xplosion sound card in the vista control panel to 8 channel.
5. Enable the digital portion of the sound card in the vista control panel for digital output and ensure dolby digital, dts and wma are checked under the properties tabs.
6. Tell vista media center to output 8 channel audio over an analog connection (requires running the vista mc set up again).
7. Open the xplosion console xear 3D and click the round button to enable digital, then select DTS interactive or Dolby Digital.
8. It is not necessary to hook any analog cables up; only hook the digital spdif cable to your rx.

Steps 4 and 5 are so that the sound card will decoded multichannel channel audio (stereo, 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1) from media center or any windows program and send it out as DD or DTS to your RX.

This setup will also take dolby digital soundtracks and send them out as DTS or vice-versa, but will also send stereo out as upconverted DD or DTS. NOTE: without enabling the analog part of the card, I could not get any of this to work including the DTS NeoPC or the DSP.

edit: Check this thread, my card too should work on 64bit vista.

Regarding Win7 I suggest you check it up other forums because I would have to do the same, dont have info myself :)

This works on WinXP, Vista 32bit and seems to have some limitations with Vista 64bit(16bit mode only, not sure).

just for the info...m using this card on win xp 64 and it works great...very nice card and a good price ...best of luck for the sale!

sorry dude, I'm backing out too. I just realised that this card isn't supported by Mac OS X either. So no point of making the switch. Best of luck for your sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back