Laptops sound card for laptop

Creative ExpressCard Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio for Notebook is more than just average...my compu guy hooked me up with it...
i'll let u know the exact model number which im using...soon....

not sure abt 5.1 soun card but for 2.1 Creative EMU 0404 is the best ,the PCMCIA are crap & the one suggested by sangram is not worth buying :no: ,got a similar kind of one from ritchie street,it wa crappy than ma default lappy output.

@kranthi - there's a big difference between the one you can buy off Ritchie Street or a Chinese website, and a Turtle Beach card.

Also, he needs a Digital output, not analog, in case you didn't read the OP. He needs a digital connection to get to the z5500. Those cheap little '3D sound adapters' only provide a single stereo output. There is no such thing as a 2.1 channel soundcard. It's either stereo, 4 channel, 6 channel or 8 channel.

To the TS: I'm done here. All Creative products suck pretty bad in my book, so each will be as bad as the other. As it is the z5500 is not particularly revealing, so it's not going to make much of a difference whichever one you use. I would just pick the cheapest thing that gave me a digital output, which would be the TB AA Micro far as I can tell.

I am currently using Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook with my laptop! and man i gotta tell u IT IS AWESOME!!!!:eek:hyeah:

Its like 100,000 times better than the onboard Realtek crap!!!:D
The X-Fi Crystalizer is awesome! it makes listening to mp3s a more joyful experience!!

I fully recommend it!! u would never regret it!! its just awesome!!:hap2: :eek:hyeah:

btw u can separately purchase a 5.1 adapter for creative expresscard soundcard that'll let u run z5500s with complete surround!!:eek:hyeah: :hap2:

x-fi has dts decoders and all like dd live ? i just read the pcmcia audigy 2 zs has..pls confirm

thanks and can i get that x-fi here in nehru place ?

As far as i know X-Fi fully supports Dolby and digital dts!!:D
Here's a description of the product:) -

Your music and movies. Way better.
Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook brings your MP3 music and movies to life! Compatible with the new ExpressCard format it is a great choice for the latest notebooks. It features award-winning X-Fi technologies including X-Fi Crystalizer, which restores the details and vibrance lost during compression to MP3 and DivX, breathing life back into any audio, and X-Fi CMSS-3D, which expands stereo music and movie sound tracks into amazing surround, even over headphones. Experience your notebook audio like never before when combined with PowerDVD for Dolby and DTS movies, or with EAX and OpenAL in games. This ExpressCard upgrade also features analogue and digital connectivity plus the option to upgrade to 5.1/7.1 surround via the optional docking module.

* ExpressCard format ensures compatibility with the latest laptops.

* X-Fi Crystalizer restores the details and vibrance lost during audio compression, enhancing MP3/WMA, games, streaming audio and video, TV and radio, DivX and DVD movies.

* X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone delivers incredible surround sound for movies, music and gaming over stereo headphones and Creative ALchemy (free download) restores EAX and surround sound to all your Direct X Games in Windows Vista.

* Includes Cyberlink PowerDVD software with DTS® and Dolby Digital®-EX decoding (via free download) for an unbeatable DVD movie watching experience.

* High quality flexijacks provide a wide range of connectivity options. Outputs: Line/Headphone/Optical Digital. Inputs: Line/Mic/Optical Digital.

* Optional 5.1/7.1 speaker docking module allows connection to surround sound systems and up-mix of stereo to surround.

Source - X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook

More Info - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook - Xtreme Fidelity sound at home or on the go
Btw this is the optional 5.1/7.1 speaker docking module for surround sound!! -

16779_1.png

And more info about the module - Speaker Docking Module

-------------------------------------

About the availability!

i too had tried Nehru Place but, they didnt seem to have the express card one! they had the PCMCIA Audigy i think! but since my laptop only had a Express Card 54 slot I needed the express card only!:(

So i checked out Creative India's site! and they have listed the product! - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook - Xtreme Fidelity sound at home or on the go

So i checked out the distributors in Delhi frm the site - Distributors

I found these two!!

Cyberstar Infocom Private Limited,
T-21, Basement,
Okhla Industrial Area Phase-II,
NEW DELHI-110 020.
PH. No. - 911140581611

and
India Digital
135-137, Rectangle-1,
District Centre, Saket,
New Delhi-17
Ph. No. - 011-46096400

At that time neither of them had the express card!:(
U can check if they've restocked the card!!:)

Also, in Nehru Place there's a shop in the same line as CE and SMC near "R.R. Systems(or computers)" that sells professional audio equipment!
Do check that out!!

Last time i was there, i saw they had the PCMCIA Audigy 2 and USB Creative X-Mod(based on X-Fi technology) they too didn't have the express card when i needed one!:( Hopefully, they might have it now!!:)

As for me, I finally ordered it from DELL USA for around $69 via the legendary KMD!!:hap2:

I got it in about 5 days!!:eek:hyeah:
since then i'm literally in a music heaven!!!

My EP-650 never sounded so awesome!!:eek:hyeah:

Tell me if u need some pics about the card plugged into my laptop! and other accessories that came with the card!!

Here i s the card along with the accessories! -

2556613564_9629c58ff9_b.jpg

And this is how far it projects after insertion! -

2556613592_9c575ba897_b.jpg

2555873741_2a6fb66aaa_b.jpg

As far as i know Turtle Beach are the best!!!:D
I didnt get it cause i needed a compact solution!! if u can get it! go for it!!:hap2:

U can easily find a Toslink cable at Compuage B1, Ansal Tower, NP!! call em up and ask if its available! - PhNo - 011-64514615
U can enquire abt Turtle Beach from them too!! i think they should have it!? considering all the professional music equipment they stock!!:)

or any dedicated speaker shop in NP i guess!:)

Tekky said:
hi ! im using an acer-5920 and i need to enjoy full 5.1 sound for my movies.
i currently own logi z5500, so could u pls suggest a good laptop sound card ??

Amazon.com: Creative ExpressCard Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook-70SB071000000: Electronics
Amazon.com: Creative PCMCIA Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Sound Card: Electronics

HI
im not a techie...but couldnt help posting.
im using acer 5910g with logitech z5500. I believe the sound card has
SPDIF port. That means you can get a toslink to mini toslink cable. and get dts dolby out instantly.

infact i ordered mine from katmandude.

Sorry i may be wrong but feedback to my comments will be appreciated.
Best regards.

Back