Sony Xperia Z Specs and Features

QEuUk.jpg

Just wanted to share some details about the India launch and pricing. The official launch is on February 24th, stocks will arrive at Sony Center/Xperia Stores and a few key Sony retail partners by 26th. You can book it at Sony Center/Xperia stores by paying a token amount of Rs.500-5000. The official price of the handset via Sony Center/Xperia Store is 36k (give or take 1k) In smaller shop it may be 35k or lower.

If you book it you may get it this month(on 26). It will be available online and everywhere else nationwide by March. (Those who book get it 10 days before general nationwide release)

So how many plan to get this precision engineered water resistant Full HD smartphone ? ;)

Xperia Z Details

Wk06-G-2-speed.jpg

* 5 inch 1920x1080 Reality Display (441PPI) with OptiContrast Panel and Mobile Bravia Engine 2
* Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 PRO APQ8064 Quad Core krait 1.5ghz
* 2 GB RAM
* 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera with HDR photo and video (hardware based)
* Front 2.2 megapixel Full HD Exmor R chat camera
* Front and back Glass design using durable mineral glass 6 times stronger than Gorilla Glass
* Tough glass fibre polyamide skeleton frame
* Precision cut Aluminum Power and Volume Keys
* Water and Dust Resistant IP55/57. Upto 1 meters/30 minutes.
* Android 4.1 Jellybean
* 2330mAh battery
* HD Voice
* 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm
* 146 grams
* NFC One Touch
* 16GB Internal memory

KnGjy.jpg

The phone does looks wonderful. Screen should be a delight.
Just that power button is awkwardly placed.. and maybe designed awkwardly too looking at the overall chassis.

I'd have to disagree with you there. Having used the S for a year now, I find the power button placement on top to be absolutely not convenient enough. Which is why there are mods to use volume buttons to wake up the phone as they are much more accessible.

So the Z power button placement is spot on imo. You can easily reach it with your thumb

I'd have to disagree with you there. Having used the S for a year now, I find the power button placement on top to be absolutely not convenient enough. Which is why there are mods to use volume buttons to wake up the phone as they are much more accessible.

So the Z power button placement is spot on imo. You can easily reach it with your thumb

I agree. When I switched to the S2 after using my Blade for over a year, I hated the placement of it power/lock key. But I soon realized that it makes sense as the top part of is easily accessible in a 3.5 inch phone, but in a phone with a screen size of > 4 inches, not so much.

Btw, great phone. I hope I can buy it sometime this year.

QEuUk.jpg

Just wanted to share some details about the India launch and pricing. The official launch is on February 24th, stocks will arrive at Sony Center/Xperia Stores and a few key Sony retail partners by 26th. You can book it at Sony Center/Xperia stores by paying a token amount of Rs.500-5000. The official price of the handset via Sony Center/Xperia Store is 36k (give or take 1k) In smaller shop it may be 35k or lower.

If you book it you may get it this month(on 26). It will be available online and everywhere else nationwide by March. (Those who book get it 10 days before general nationwide release)

So how many plan to get this precision engineered water resistant Full HD smartphone ? ;)

Xperia Z Details

KnGjy.jpg

What if we pay 5k now and they tell the price is 45k

I was referring to the power button being very close to the volume rocker.

Nope haresh,.price is 36k. I have it triple confirmed from reliable sources.:)
@Spacescreamer

That is why the power button has been made prominent. You can easily make out which one is the power button even in no light.

Also the power and volume keys are precision cut aluminum ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The glass is 6 times stronger than Gorilla. Shatter proof, scratch resistant.

At the end of the day, it is glass. And with sufficient application of force it will shatter / scuff / crack.

The statement is like saying. It is water-resistant = it is water-proof.

For those doubting the strength of the glass, watch torture videos of AcroS, active ans go. ;)

Though of course, as alpha said its not invincible glass lol.

With a little care you can easily do without a cover. I dont use any cases either and wont use for the Z as well.

Back