SONY Xperia NXT Series

There is no guarantee than the One S will be launched at a price point below 30k. It has been launched at 34k (after conversion) in Europe, just 1-2k below the One X. It has a Super AMOLED (though not HD) screen, Qc Krait (claimed to be faster than the quad core Tegra 3), so a ~30k price is really unlikely. Expect it to launch at ~33-34k
sad.gif

I doubt it mate. One X is clearly the HTC flagship. One S is inferior in screen resolution, screen size, screen technology (huge different between pentile amoled and slcd2), storage and even though Krait is efficient and faster clock to clock, Tegra3 might get better as apps start to utilize multiple cores, so One X is also kinda future proof for a long time to come.

I think there's a difference of 100 euros between the two. Also in India, few people have already got One X for a great deal at 34.2k. Considering this, One S should come in under 30k is what I feel. That would be in direct competition to Xperia S. If any higher than 30k, One X is clearly the better option then. Read somewhere that HTC is waiting for Sensation stocks to clear out before they bring in One S here.

Pathetic price for a 3.5" phone and no MEMORY CARD support
scared14.gif

Apart from the card slot problem (deal breaker, this), the price is decent for the specs. 3.5" screen @ 47k-60k for a certain phone
tongu23e.gif
, so thats not an issue. Dual core below 20k, specs similar to the Neo V, so otherwise this is not a bad price at all.

But the lack of card slot is a total deal breaker, i gotta say!

Sony Xperia U goes on pre-order in India, might be priced as low as INR 16,499

Flipkart says 16.5k! But its not pre-order price. It says out of stock. If not for the move of no microSD slot and low internal memory it would have been a best seller @15k. Alas
sad.gif

Atleast the internal memory could have been more

But no, 4GB!

Actual internal memory is 8GB but only 4GB is user accesible. I guess some space of the system reserved space would be for apps too.

So the user accessible would be for songs, videos alone. But still 4GB is little low for many on TE.

But Sony Sola will set it right with a with a dual core processor, 3.7" FWVGA, microSD slot and street pricing in the 19kish range.

I was really looking forward to the Sola...Is the Sola really that bad?

How does it compare to the Galaxy Ace 2 ? What is the expected price of it?

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4559&idPhone2=4408

They both have pretty similar h/w and beat each other marginally in most of the departments.

According to gsmarena Sola costs 290 euros and Ace 2 costs 340 euros! 290 euros is ~ 20.3k. 340 euros is ~23.8k

Xperia U costs 250 euros which is ~17.5k (MRP in India) So the Ace 2 might end up costlier and it if doesn't will not sell well.

Hopefully samsung brings the Ace 2 for ~17kish price range and the Galaxy Advance to 21kish range.

I'll pass and wait for the Galaxy Ace 2

Be aware than TouchWiz is one of the worst implementations of proprietary layers over android, with sony having one of the best/least intrusive. And if the ace 2 doesn't have good community support, then (properly working) custom roms could be rare.

It's really surprising that manufacturers release phones with this much bloat but that's the way it is. Both my xperia play, and the defy+ i bought for a friend had the same issues. root and debloat later, the phones are flying, the way they should be. the defy was especially laggy and would freeze even after making a call etc. On the play, boot times went from >3mins to under a min after removing crap. Touchwiz isn't especially performance hampering, but looks absolutely crude/crap and spoils the whole GB look, forget about ICS. See the official ICS upgrade for the S2.

Back