Sony w810i/k800i/etc vs N72/73/80/ etc

since the nokia nseries has the symbian advantage, will it rule the portable world, or will it go above the walkman series in terms of camera/sound quality?

which symbian nseries is preferred for a walkman user..

bluediamond said:
since the nokia nseries has the symbian advantage, will it rule the portable world, or will it go above the walkman series in terms of camera/sound quality?

which symbian nseries is preferred for a walkman user..

The nokia N series may have the symbian advantage like u say, but they wont rule the portable world in my opinion.

Reasons

- Higher prices then the walkman series phones
- Better sound quality for the SE walkman series
- Camera's are better in certain cases like the W810i camera with Autofocus is better overall then the N70 camera.

In the end, they just fall in a different sales bracket then the walkman series and unless we see a new walkman series with the same prices range we dont have a competition here.. :)

Well you cant really distinguish which of the two are going to be better... uptill now the SE phones were better... but now N73 and N93 are 2 products that have the potential to leave the SE phones behind easily, they have better cameras, sound, and symbian...

Well Nokia people will mostly stick with Nokia.

People who upgrade quickly will also stick to Nokia as high resale value as compared to SE.

People who can experiment and like SE design and extra features in lower cost should go for SE.

Both the companies have brought out good mobiles, but i guess SE has that edge when it comes to camera mobiles.

Karan, whats so special about the N73??Ave had a look at the features and they look OK Ok to me, why is everyone going gaga over the N73??

Care to explain that to me(n00b) please?? :).

^^ i dont know why i hate symbian but i do. i'd go for the k800i simply becuz neither 3G nor Tv in cell are provided in india. but having a wireless in my cell is a good idea though.
peace.

@ darthcoder...

N73's features are amazing.. it has a 3.2mp camera with autofocus, manual shutter etc etc with enhanced noise reduction. Its got a 2.4" QVGA screen, with 3d stereo speakers.. + It runs Symbian Series 60 v3.. and although i am a bit confused abt it... but apparently the phone runs on either a 220 or a 330mhz processor... which will be equal to my first Pentium pc :p

All this in just 120gms, with a slick design and a very nice slide cover for the camera...

So its almost a perfect phone.. only thing missing is Wifi.. which isnt usefull much in India :p

one more thing is, in older 3230, there was a limitation of sending files/mp3 over blutooth was limited to some MB. is it still the same on newer phones?? the nokia accepts files as inbox msgs, and hence the limitatioin was the reason...

also wat abt samsung high end phones.. D900 and E900... wat do they lack that they dont enter this competition?? high price?? i guess camera may not be so good compared to SE, but audio quality???

in 3230 the phone only had onboard memory of 8mbs out of which 5mb was left free... so it had a limit on that... in the newer phones, i dont think there is such an issue as u can directly send the file to MMC

Samsung high end phones, lack a decent UI,+ there features are abit complicated to use... although samsung phones have the best screeens, also they dont have much of a resale value...

N series technicaly are better than SE's W series. N packs the same camera quality (almost), and hast tons more features, including the fact all N series phones can match W series in terms of music through headphones.

Until now sony phones were slightly better in camera feature but with the release of n73 i guess nokia has finally produced a sony slasher . It's camera is so better then over hyped k800i . I have not seen n73 personally yet. But i have seen k790i and it was pretty disappointing .
The lens conver was rather loose,the thickness was uneven and the joystick was even poorer then k750i .
Also i think that sony phones are for amateurs . That is people who want good features but do not want to work hard to get it .
For example, try watching a movie more then 1 hour in length on any sony phone . It refuses to play. However on symbian phones it is a bit of cake with smartmovie.
The same case applies for internet ,contacts , and with the release of 3rd edition symbian nokia probably has even a faster ui.
I will make it clear here that i am not a sony hater. It is just that their new phones like k790 and w850 are not on the same level as k750 and w800 were.

Isn't it surprising that there are no decent reviews of N73 so far on any site? The only one I found was in polish on some site. Regular visitors to gsmarena are crying out for a review but they havent done a review yet. Most reviews are done by users themselves.

Wonder whats the reason that mobile websites havent done a review yet!

yes.. that is strange but i feel its cause Nokia screwed up big this time around... they released the N73 and N93 together... so the N73 got shadowed by N93... Sites are more inclined towards N93 for its better cam with optical zoom and overall features present... IMO N93 is the phone which is 99% perfect for the users at this point

Actually as per mobile-review , nokia is tired of people getting hand on nokia proto handsets which have unfinished firmware . And giving them bad reviews. . . . That's what they tell. But i am not sure.

IceFusion said:
@ darthcoder...

N73's features are amazing.. it has a 3.2mp camera with autofocus, manual shutter etc etc with enhanced noise reduction. Its got a 2.4" QVGA screen, with 3d stereo speakers.. + It runs Symbian Series 60 v3.. and although i am a bit confused abt it... but apparently the phone runs on either a 220 or a 330mhz processor... which will be equal to my first Pentium pc :p

All this in just 120gms, with a slick design and a very nice slide cover for the camera...

So its almost a perfect phone.. only thing missing is Wifi.. which isnt usefull much in India :p

N73 has also got macro mode :hap2:
The only thing missing is the real xeon flash.

Back