Laptops Sony Notebook

splizaat

Disciple
i would like to have toughts on people that have sony vaio notebook , if anyone ever had issues with them and what not how they like them ,
AS looks to be , i will be getting one sooon enough withing couple weeks depend how fast the post it ,

Hmmmm Blue Ray + Hdmi !! :p

That's a vague question, any specific info you are looking for. What model vaio are you getting? Since you mention blueray and hdmi I can guess you are getting FZ series. Brother has that, has a wonderful screen provided you get the dual lamp one. Single lamp one is not as good.

Notebookreview.com forums is good place for detailed info on your specific model.

Generally Vaio's are good but overpriced. I have a SZ58 with LED. Well built, lightweight, powerful and portable. However overpriced, don't know what got into me.

Had a lot of bloatware and Vista under performing badly, had to reinstall Vista without bloatware to get boot and shutdown times to normal with decent performance and install XP for a blazing fast notebook. Other than that no issues.

yes its a Fz VGNFZ180E model , As far as what i can see its going to be a nice notebook , As far as overpriced im not concered ,
Grand total cost will Be @0$

Never had A Sony notebook before , as currently i have Toshiba Notebooks ,

Cant Wait to recieve it ,

I am confused between these notebooks: vaio CR24G, CR26G and CR36G and Dell XPS 1530, because I found them all in same price range...plz help me to select the best among them.

Configurations:

Cr24 : Price 49500/- with taxes and carry case.
Intel® Centrino® Duo Processor Technology, Core 2 duo T7250(2GHz), 1 Gb, 120Gb,Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset

Cr26 : 52500/- with taxes and carry case.Core 2 duo 2GHz, 1 Gb, 160Gb,Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset,ATI Mobility Radeon™ X2300

Cr36 : (New Launch) 53750/-with taxes and carry case
Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1Ghz), 200 Gb , 128Mb Graphics,Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset, cache memory 3MB,ATI Mobility Radeon™ X2300(dedicated video memory 128MB)

xps 1530 : Rs. 53,845.16 /- Core 2 duo T7250(2GHz), 2 Gb RAM,160GB HDD,128MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8400M GS

Gaming requirement: casual.

the CRC36 looks fine to me if your gaming needs are casual as it has the best processor out of these and the graphic card also looks fine. and also it has the HDD with the most space (200GB).

you havent mentioned its ram. even if the RAM is 1GB, its worth it.

rest is upto you.

for CR36G- RAM is 2GB..and comes with vista home premium...
CR24G n xps 1530 also comes with vista home premium...
but CR26G come with vista business....

for xps 1530- its depends which graphics card is selected...probably cost will increase if this card is selected...

BTW...What is difference between centrino duo processor technology and centrino processor technology?
plz comment on performance of ATI radeon x2300?

If I were you I would go for the XPS eyes closed. CR series is Sony's value line and XPS is Dell's high end line. It would compete with Sony FZ and not CR series. XPS will be more value for money, I'm not sure whether Dell India equips it with 8600 or 8400, either way overall its a better laptop than the others.

yes xps 1530 comes with 8600gt... the price with a t7250 and 7200rpm 160gb hdd.. would be around 58000, including taxes (with vat discount).

and as far as i know ati x2300 is not a good card nowhere near 8600gt.

Can you pin-point where Dell XPS 1530 scores over VAIO CR 26/36G and vice-versa? That would be a great help to figure the right one.

Back