Sony Ericsson W960i

Notice the link you gave... it says Coming soon..... it was announced in June only....
It's almost perfect... except for the sad 900Mah battery that wont last even 1 day on the specs the phone has...

it comes with the same BST33 battery as the p990...p990i does pretty well with it...also thrs seems to be a typo...cos the BST33 is a 950mah battery..;)

Anyways, what skips me is tht why such a feature rich phone misses on the 'EDGE factor'...:lol: Also since the P1i too uses the same 208mhz processor as the p990i, this phone too seems to use the same processor..not sure though..:no: The good part is the 8gb internal memory..tht shud be enuf for most of us..:eek:hyeah:

^ The W950i already exists vandal. It was actually released along with the K850i, lets see when it reaches the market.

As for the battery, no issues, you can always pickup a 1120maH upgrade pack ;)

lol...:rofl: yup.. hez talkin bout W960i..:bleh:.. as far as the launch goes.... it won't come soon i guess... coz its just announced...

Private Ryan said:
it comes with the same BST33 battery as the p990...p990i does pretty well with it

yup same battery with my m600i as well and it lasts quite long.. but my phone doesnt have a cam

Its gonna be launched in Q4 2007 in markets outta india..so maybe by nov/dec it shud be available india.

Awesome fone...w950i doesnt have a cam right...w960i has a 3.2 mp cam which is good enuf for almost anything....wonder how its pricing will be- 24k????

The general tendency of SE phones is price reduction after certain time. When the is launched at certain price, it comes down by few thousands within two-three months depending upon the customer response.
I presume it might be priced around 25K or more and might come down to 21-22k slowly.

it will be surely priced at above 30k. . :( coming in october. . waiting patiently to see if matches the amount of free ram in p1(64mb) or as in p990(16mb)
. . does it have a flash. .

Private Ryan said:
^^he's lookin for W960i... :p

^^yeah. Anyways the W950i has the embedded membrane type keypad, this gets spoilt quite soon. I plan to use the keypad a lot.

Also looking at the P1. P990i is a little too bulky, besides on functionality it isn't close to the jasjar which I have. I wanted something lighter.

FYI the proccy is the same 208 MHz as the P990i and the M600. Clocks on the P990i may be higher. ARM 9 I presume?

A quick google search shows the unlocked W960 prices in the range of $600
This probably means the phone will hit the market at arnd the 28 K mark as Icefusion says..and will subsequently stabilize around the 22-23 K mark

Back