Sony Ericsson Brings the “Next Big Thingâ€

Dark Star

ex-Mod
Sony Ericsson has sent a mail in order to invite a large number of journalists to take part at the unveiling of several mobile phone models and other products coming from this company. The "the next big thing" is set for the 14th of June and cannot be missed, as it will bring several innovative devices.
Could we dare to hope for some handsets innovative enough as to drive attention from the close launch of the iPhone? Many people do, especially considering the large number of Sony Ericsson mobile phones leaked images which have been going around lately. One sure thing, the Swedish company has prepared some handsets which they can count on for being a match for the other high end phone models from Apple and HTC which have set their release date close to this.

Among the supposed mobile phones which will launch tomorrow, rumors include K850i, possibly equipped with 8GB of memory, the Sofia HSDPA handset with an impressive 5 megapixel Cybershot and the Shinobu Walkman phone.

All of these devices have been seen until now only in leaked images and with few specifications. Each of them has a special quality, although it would probably take a combination of them all in order to make a match for the iPhone. Still, their cost is one feature which has great chances of positioning them as favorites, considering the fact that the most disputed aspect about the iPhone is its high price.

Sony Ericsson's invitation at the event is highly incitative, as it features two spotlights and a closed curtain. All these show a high amount of secrecy, as there are no clues related to what people might expect to see at this unveiling ceremony. The launch of "the latest mobile phones, accessories and unique applications" will take place on the 14th of June in Berlin. Sony Ericsson also promises to entertain its guests with live performances from up-coming M-buzz artists, although the new phone launches will surely catch all the spotlights.

Sony-Ericsson-Brings-the-Next-Big-Thing-2.jpg

Source: Softpedia

^Not worth it, IMO.. why give up the HUGE screen of the P990i for a dinky little one, even though the RAM allotted is higher?

My p990i is for movies on the go.. doubt the P1i will be as good for that.

TechHead said:
^Not worth it, IMO.. why give up the HUGE screen of the P990i for a dinky little one, even though the RAM allotted is higher?
My p990i is for movies on the go.. doubt the P1i will be as good for that.

btw what video format works on p990i? does divx work? if yes @ what bitrate are u encoding the video & audio

^divx is working on mine.. dunno what bitrate it is though.
Will get back home and check with gspot. You have the divx player installed?

Well ii agree the P1i is not the next logical upgrade to the p990i...its just soo M600-ish...:p the p990i has a charm of its own..the p1i doesnt look at all as charming..:p plus the calculator type buttons is what i hate the most..:mad:

N yeah, the screen is smaller...:no: i'll be keeping my p990i for quiet sometime now...:eek:hyeah: Its pretty much all tht i wanted my mobile to have..:hap5: .....n95 can wait........:p

The keypad is strange but i kind of like the phone design .

on second thoughts its not all that sucky(keypad), maybe we need to try that keypad out..

the phone is around same size as k750. so to accommodate the larger 2.2 inch screen that keypad is done. let's wait for the reviews

Sony ericsson supporting microSD :O

And a bigger screen in the same size and form factor :cool2:

And though the buttons look wierd, these certainly are cool phones...

Back