Somthing eating up my bandwidth!!!

i have an airtel 512kbps UL connection.I have noticed that my speeds drop to less than 30 KBPS after sometime of switching on the PC.If i switch off and restart the modem,then speeds are back to normal(50 to 60 KBPS).Please help me..

TIA:S

^ He's got a point there. If you do have a Firewall program or Internet Security suite installed, check out the Network Activity section for real-time info.

there's a problem with the connection itself i think.if i do a speedcheck,it comes to around 0.3mbps.If i switch off and switch on the modem again,speed check gives me around 0.6 mbps

^ Yeah, check to see if you have exceeded the allocated bandwidth. If not, register a complaint ASAP.

Remember to take screenshots of the reduced speed, good evidence.

Take an avg of speedcheck (perform it f-5 times cont. & then calc avg), that would give you clear idea. !! Try using network some monitoring tool.

try booting is safe mode with networking ... go to task manager n check processes that are active n taking cpu attention... check the speed from this mode.

Well its the Airtel FUP acting up.I callled the CC today.Now i have a question.Why is the FUP acting now?I have been using the upgraded speed for a few months without any FUP or something.

Back