Something like DUMeter?

jai

Disciple
I downloaded and installed DUMeter for checking DL/UL data transfer on my computer in the office. However, there is a BIG problem. DUMeter counts all data transfer (including those that are happening on the LAN) and thereby records unwanted information. There are several systems on the LAN and I dont want transfers in the LAN to be counted, only whatever I transfer from the Internet.

Is there any way I can configure DUMeter to do this or is there any other tool/plugin that counts only transfer from the Internet?

I have been using DUM for some time and I think you can set it to monitor only the connection for the Internet - select the LAN card from the drop down list which is used by you for the Internet. This is under Options/General/Network Interface to Monitor.

Yeah, that is what I did. But my LAN traffic is also being recorded, since it is going thru the same NIC. Since the router is directly connected to the network switch, there is no way I can install DUMeter on one single system to monitor traffic.

Googling for this problem is not yielding any useful results, surprisingly. Any suggestions?

DUmeter is a shareware, you got to buy it somepoint of time to continue using it, i have been using netmeter , which is free //http://readerror.gmxhome.de//

Does Dumeter has any extra feature as compared to Netmeter.

There doesn't seem to be any simple solution for this. The nearest I got was CommView, which will record activity based on IP addresses on the LAN. Understanding and using it seems to be quite a learning curve.

Hmmm, I guess I have to continue to rely on the ISP's counter for the moment. I must say that I haven't faced any great problems there, but it will be nice to know the individual system usages on the LAN.

Edit: Eazy, thanks for taking the trouble of Googling for me. I got CommView thru that.

U can config du meter to do that.

go to options there u see an option called 'network interface to monitor'.There u can select the NIC/Dial-up adaptors u need to monitor.

Back