Adept
Got 'em yesterday :)

Box

White Babies wrapped in cloth

Stripping 'em

Piano White Goodness

Rear Connections

Setup

Out of the box itself they blow my minds....i'm a huge fan of trance....so bass is very important for me....and the amount of bass these babies pump might bring a floorstander to shame....

Sound good with my iphone too except i've to turn up the volume notch up a bit....but nothing quite like on foobar +x-fi .... i'd some issues with my x-fi software (crappy drivers) but once i manged to reinstall them, its been an audio heaven since....Don't get me wrong. I've heard Mordaunt Shorts + CA 340SE setup at FX shop last week, they can't pump out as much bass as these without any distortion. Also these babies just come ALIVE....

I'm yet to see how loud they can go without breaking my house :p So far i've only touched 50% vol (for a moment).....Generally 30-40% vol is more than enough for my room (and my ears)....But yes absolutely no distortion.....

Highs are very pleasing and bass is very powering....

I've 80% music in mp3 and rest in FLAC....for the first time i could make out a difference in flac...

Celine Dion's The Power of Love never sounded so clear and powerful!

I tested heaviest of metal bands (Korn's Freak on a Leash, Snake River Conspiracy's Love Song, couple of Marlyn Manson's....) on this and so far i'm very satisfied with them.

OST - Gladiator (now we are free) sounds omg!!! so uplifting, so melodious....

Trance rocks and live concerts feel so live....they actually bring the theatre kind of sound (which i've never heard even on headphones before)...

No wonder Audioengine claim that these speakers are built to reproduce sound as it was recorded (and meant to be heard)...

I dont think they can compete with BR2s but they certainly make their presence feel....

In layman's lang, I can easily say they beat bose 5.1 to dust :rofl:

congrats ...dude !! congrats !!
man i wanna listen to some progressive trance music on those speakers ! i feel comfortable even with my ATP3's ...just cant imagine what these beasts must be like ...
trance + A5= bliss ! :hap2:
so when are you inviting me ? lolxx.:p

^^ how much will stands cost? and where to find them for cheap....i saw a few in hi-fi shops but they cost 2k+ :(

(what is 'clamped'?....i have seen pointy things at bottom of some stands for better bass...is this same?)

Looking for something like the one in this pic

found them here

@ronnie_gogs: damages were 18k + shipping...

p.s. anyone residing in delhi/noida who may want to demo the A5s before buying can come over at my place....They are only avl at bajaao, so demoing them is impossible....

Congrats, hope you enjoy your purchase!

+1 to the stands.

Good stands will cost upwards of 10K a pair. Cheaper may not be worth buying at all.

You can also get custom stands made.

Stands will couple the speaker to the floor (which is what you're looking for). On the desk you have two issues, the first is desk reflections and the second is sympathetic vibration (some of the bass is produced by the desk).

A decent pair of branded stands will cost bare minimum of 10 grand or more. These that I have temporarily until my real pair arrives are 17 grand. Most of them are wood+iron on the top plus a marble base. This particular sample weighs 20 kg. The speaker is an Usher X-718 again for temporary use. Brilliant bookshelf.

damn...i dont think i can afford a stand like this...will see if i can get it made from switch (our TE carpenter :))....i'd seen a site on DIY speaker stands...if its possible to make them within 5k, then i'll consider...otherwise this is too much for me....

You can build one in 5 grand... make it hollow in the middle and make sure the base is heavy. You can then fill it up with sand or lead shot to damp it.

Congrats man! :D

Chaos said:
A decent pair of branded stands will cost bare minimum of 10 grand or more. These that I have temporarily until my real pair arrives are 17 grand. Most of them are wood+iron on the top plus a marble base. This particular sample weighs 20 kg. The speaker is an Usher X-718 again for temporary use. Brilliant bookshelf.

Ah ha.. So here's a preview of whats to come :)

Edit:

Ok just saw the 'temporary'

rPOk said:
damn...i dont think i can afford a stand like this...will see if i can get it made from switch (our TE carpenter :))....i'd seen a site on DIY speaker stands...if its possible to make them within 5k, then i'll consider...otherwise this is too much for me....

or you can try what i did use cement hollow bricks :lol: 40 kilos each

looks ugly as hell though

Back